aborting

v1rtu0s1ty

I know that we can abort by calling our CS via phone. Is it possible to configure a code that will ABORT the false alarm?

You can setup Dialer Delay and Dialer Cancel times under the Communicator Area Reporting Codes in the M1.

If you enter your user code before the Dialer Delay expires, the alarm reporting will be aborted and if the Alarm Abort reporting code is enabled, it will be sent.

If you enter the user code before the Dialer Cancel time expires, a Cancel code will be sent to the central station even though the alarm code has already been transmitted.

Spanky said:
You can setup Dialer Delay and Dialer Cancel times under the Communicator Area Reporting Codes in the M1.
Can you recommend to me an ideal (seconds) value for both?

If you enter your user code before the Dialer Delay expires, the alarm reporting will be aborted and if the Alarm Abort reporting code is enabled, it will be sent.

If you enter the user code before the Dialer Cancel time expires, a Cancel code will be sent to the central station even though the alarm code has already been transmitted.

What is the difference between Dialer Cancel time and Dialer Delay? What does Cancel code do for us?

Thanks Spanky!

Dialer Delay is the amount of time the dialer will hold off dialing the central station. If a valid user code is enter during the Dialer Delay period, the dial out to the central station will be aborted. Maybe 20 to 30 seconds delay. This give the user time to abort a false alarm before being sent to the central station.

Dialer Cancel is sent after the dialer has sent the alarm signal to the central station and a user code is entered within the Dialer Cancel Delay time. If set for example 120 seconds and the user code was entered within that time, the central station would know that is was a false alarm even though the alarm signal was transmitted.

Spanky said:
Dialer Delay is the amount of time the dialer will hold off dialing the central station.  If a valid user code is enter during the Dialer Delay period, the dial out to the central station will be aborted.  Maybe 20 to 30 seconds delay.  This give the user time to abort a false alarm before being sent to the central station.

Dialer Cancel is sent after the dialer has sent the alarm signal to the central station and a user code is entered within the Dialer Cancel Delay time.  If set for example 120 seconds and the user code was entered within that time, the central station would know that is was a false alarm even though the alarm signal was transmitted.
Since it's my first time to have a security system, normally, when would CS contact the police?

So here is an example. Dialer Delay is set to 20 secs. Dialer Cancel is set to 60 secs.

Assuming system is already armed and I forgot that system is armed, wife is in the market and I'm the only one home.

At 10:31:00 pm, I went to the basement and opened a window. It tripped the zone with perimeter instant quickly. However, for whatever reason, I wasn't hearing the alarm. Am I correct that the Dialer Cancel which is 60 secs will start at 10:31:21 pm and will end at 10:32:21 pm?

1. If I disarm it around 10:32:00, will CS abort it?
2. If it goes beyond 10:32:22, will CS dispatch police?

Am I correct?

EDIT: I have some corrections on the numbers

rfdesq said:
What happens if you abort/cancel by using a duress code?
This reminds me of an issue I found with duress code. I unchecked the ARM capability of that account and even if it was already unchecked, it still ARMed my system.

v1rtu0s1ty said:
Since it's my first time to have a security system, normally, when would CS contact the police?
I believe there is a basic protocol with CS's. If there is a standard burglar alarm, the CS calls the residence to verify or abort, if there is no verification or abort then the CS calls the police, then the CS calls alternate telephone numbers. For panic alarms, I believe the procedure is notify the police first, then call residence to verify or abort. If you have email/SMS messages set up you will probably see the text message on your cell phone before you get a call. You can review/change this with NextAlarm.

Back