Air Hogs Aero Ace RC Plane

Would one of these fly ok with a small RF video camera mounted on it - the kind that run for an hour on a 9v battery?

huggy59 said:
Would one of these fly ok with a small RF video camera mounted on it - the kind that run for an hour on a 9v battery?
Even if it could barely carry the camera (and I don't think it could), I doubt you'd get the battery aloft.

I don't think so it is very light. Light enough that wind is a huge factor in controling it.

It is alot easier to keep it closer to the ground to fly.

Now I'm on to buy a bigger starter plane!!!!!!!

Well I could not resist and went out and got two at ToyRUs. I have not opened the boxes yet but look forward to getting my feet wet for flying.

John

I just picked one up. Awesome. I have spent the best part of today flying it. These planes are a lot of fun. I would definitely recommend it but be warned, it is very addictive.

They are very light weight so they will not be able to carry anything. I have a large plane that cost 10 times the amount and I haven't flown it in a year because of nearest airport. My second flight with the aero ace was in my home (with wife approval of course). With the right wind outdoors (very little wind) these things can fly continuously for 10 minutes and you don't have to worry about crashing it. I did find out that you can't let it go to the 300' distance - over the neighbors house and into the trees it went.

markthomas said:
That's quite a bit cheaper than this plane. :)
I think that's a Plantraco Butterfly. The Hot Deal at Smarthome is the list price if you buy it directly from Plantraco. They're supposed to fly pretty well, but they seem to be very fragile.

E I got mine at Target... it was the Aero Ace plane.. it does not say biplane on the box but the picture does show it as a biplane. I opened it up just now and it looks just like the picture posted on the rcplanes forum link already posted. I got them for 30% off so it was $20 plus change.

I will take it up to my resort and fly it in the ball field... lets hope for low wind this weekend.

What size screw are people using for weighing down the nose? I have heard 1/2 but what thread size?

John

jwilson56 said:
What size screw are people using for weighing down the nose? I have heard 1/2 but what thread size?
I have yet to try a screw for weight in the nose. I have tried taping a dime to the nose of one plane, but it's too heavy for that one - other people have had success with a dime.

Heh! I just picked up one for my son and a spare at TRU while the sale was on. $20 is a steal.

I added two pieces of electrical tape. It provided enough weight for stable flight and protects the nose from all of the crashes.

Back