Alarm Relay - do they just monitor alarm conditions or all sensors

personalt

I was looking at this thread which discussed alarm relay now supporting direct connections for the M1XEP (if you have the latest firmware
http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18403

My question is, does alarm relay support sensor monitoring and sending emails on non-alarm conditions? I would like to know when the front door opens etc.. Maybe add some rules based on time. Does alarm relay support that type of reporting?

I know I can do it via the built in email support but the m1xep does not play nice with my email server.

I was looking at this thread which discussed alarm relay now supporting direct connections for the M1XEP (if you have the latest firmware
http://www.cocoontec...showtopic=18403

My question is, does alarm relay support sensor monitoring and sending emails on non-alarm conditions? I would like to know when the front door opens etc.. Maybe add some rules based on time. Does alarm relay support that type of reporting?

I know I can do it via the built in email support but the m1xep does not play nice with my email server.

In what what does it "not play nice"?

http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18403

The answer to all of your questions about alarm relay. Is YES to all.

The email part does not connect to a lot of smtp servers. Before the elk I had alarm.com and they had a really nice web interface to set up reporting rules. I was wondering what alarm relay monitors...

There are a few threads on here. I dont know all the details but I know that the elk has trouble connecting to my email server and a lot of others. I dont think it works with gmail. It has something to do with ssl support.

The M1XEP does not support email servers that require SSL connections. There are many email servers that do not require SSL and the M1 / M1XEP will send an email if the front door opens using a Rule.

Do you have a server machine on your network?

I had a problem with a device that could send email but it couldn't connect to a SMTP server that required a username/password. I did have a server and on that I installed a SMTP application that accepted connections without username/password but also could forward mail to a server that did require a username/password.

You might me able to do something like that.

Yes I have done stuff to hack around the SMTP server issue like put a smtp server to network. I have also had okay look using Verizon's smtp server. But I am looking to get away from that. And I am look for a solution that I can use for my customer.

Maybe I should have not put this in the elk thread but put it in the security thread but my real question is can alarm relay monitor and report on non-alarm events like a door being opened when alarm is off? If so can you get rules, ie 'front door is open and it is after 9pm - send email?'

I don't see on their web site where Alarm Relay offers what you are asking for.

Perhaps you should just call them and see what they can do.

So if I open my front door and the system is not armed alarm relay will send an email????

Yes they have monitored open and closings. I have and am using this feature thru alarm relay.
Just call them and you will get all of your questions answered.

Yes they have monitored open and closings. I have and am using this feature thru alarm relay.
Just call them and you will get all of your questions answered.

Monitored openings and closings is totally different then what is being asked. See below from Alarm Relay which is exactly what Openings/Closings is.

Monitored Openings/Closings

Log Only:
Every time the system is armed or disarmed it is logged into the accounts history. You may call at any time to get the information.

Log Only with Reports:
Every time the system is armed or disarmed it is logged into the accounts history. You may call at any time to get the information. We will mail or email (your choice) you a copy of the month's history at the end of the month.

Supervised
At the time of programming, you will provide us with a schedule that informs us when the location should be open/closed. Every time the system is armed or disarmed it is logged into the accounts history. If the system is armed or disarmed outside of the set schedule, we call and notify. If the system is not armed or disarmed at the scheduled time, we call and notify. You may call at any time to get the information.

Supervised with Reports
At the time of programming, you will provide us with a schedule that informs us when the location should be open/closed. Every time the system is armed or disarmed outside of the set schedule, we call and notify. If the system is not armed or disarmed at the scheduled time we call and notify. We will mail or email (your choice) you a copy of the month's history at the end of the month. You may call at any time to get the information.

What is being asked is will Alarm Relay act upon a door opening and closing and send an email etc if the system is not armed.

thats the main reason why im still self monitoring my M1.
If Elk cant fix the email issue and update the rules system to report open/close by user number then the only other choice is to find a central station that will do it at their end since they get all the data, good luck with that.

Back