Alarm Script

GadgetBoy

What is your favorite alarm script? What do you use to set it to home/away?

I have a WF800 RF Antenna and have been toying around with the built-in software security functions. I have been experiencing problems with the KR10 security remotes in that the Alarm Set gives a very short amount of time to let me leave the house.

Right now I just have the DS10's helping with announcements of windows and doors being opened.

GadgetBoy said:
What is your favorite alarm script? What do you use to set it to home/away?

I have a WF800 RF Antenna and have been toying around with the built-in software security functions. I have been experiencing problems with the KR10 security remotes in that the Alarm Set gives a very short amount of time to let me leave the house.

Right now I just have the DS10's helping with announcements of windows and doors being opened.
old post, but i'd love to see some suggestions as well...

I've hacked some Hawkeyes to use contacts for doors and windows. The script I use is self-written. For arming and disarming I use i-buttons or via text messaging if I happen to forget when I leave :p

I have two Away modes: Bye and Away. I set these modes via my touch screen when I leave.

Selecting Bye starts a timer that will shut everything down in five minutes. In this mode, updates (door/window/motion activity, doorbell, and CID info) are sent to my cell phone via text messages. Later, walking in the front door puts the system back into Home mode.

Away mode is the same, but does not shut anything down and it does not come out of that mode when someone returns home (needs a manual exit).

The logic lives in a macro I call when each trigger fires. It records the time, date, and location, then sends the text message.

I disarm by getting to the correct screen and hitting a button. ;) I have a plan to pop up a keypad on the touch screen for code entry.

I do stuff similar to TonyNo, but I only have one Away mode (two modes total: home and away). They are used to control things like voice messages (as above). When in Away mode I get messages and updates sent to my phone, watch, and work email. I'm not really that worried about security.

I use a stick-a-switch to change modes. When I leave, A1 OFF changes to away mode. When I get home, A1 ON changes to home mode (these may or may not be the real codes - I don't want someone compromising my advanced security system ;) ). In addition to these modes, I do have one other flag that I set. This tells the system that I'm going to be gone for a while (travelling, for example). This is still away mode, but the extended-away flag (device in HomeSeer) is also set to ON. When this flag is set, I get an additional message sent to the devices/email above once a day to let me know the system is still alive (it sends me the current interior and exterior temperatures).

I have DS-10As monitoring all doors and windows (interior and exterior). Normally, the events associated with these just get logged to a file. But, if it's in away mode and the front door opens, there is a 5-second grace period to turn the system off (A1 ON). If it doesn't receive that signal, it takes a picture of whoever is at the door (using a really bad camera so I don't think it's worth too much) and notifies me.

There's also a 15 second grace period when the system is changed to away mode. A delayed HS event occurs 15 seconds after A1 OFF is received to change to away mode.

All of these are handled with really simple events or scripts in HomeSeer.

I can also control these through a very simple web page that displays on my Audreys but I only use that for testing. The stick-a-switch is right next to the door and is normally used for control. If I were really interested in security, I would definitely have a better setup. I do have an RFID reader that I can use to change to home mode - but it's currently disconnected while I rig some more permanent wiring. When this is set up, I'll disable the A1 ON (change to home mode) functionality so that the stick-a-switch can only be used to arm the system and not to disarm.

Back