Pete's Blog Alexa Apps

Blog posts by pete_c

pete_c

Guru
Noticed today that I cannot see my Alexa Apps logging in with Chrome on Ubuntu Linux. Anyone else notice this?

Not sure what apps you are referring to but the Alexa App on Windows 10 cannot do many of the functions that an Android app can do.

Not sure why but the admit you need to use the mobile app to manage routines and many other functions.

I used to just log in to Alexa (alexa.amazon.com) via my Linux Browser and see what apps/skills I wanted to install or what apps are installed. IE: Ring app, monocam app, et al. I see no reference now to any of my installed apps.

I used to just log in to Alexa (alexa.amazon.com) via my Linux Browser and see what apps/skills I wanted to install or what apps are installed. IE: Ring app, monocam app, et al. I see no reference now to any of my installed apps.
Ohh, Maybe you are referring to the Alexa "skills"?

Just checked and yes the skills are gone now too from the webpage.

They also have a a banner at the top saying
"This website does not currently support all Amazon devices and Alexa features. For full functionality, please download the latest version of the Alexa app."

That always irritated me because they have no download for updating the webpage you are currently on. Amazon wants an app they can track you with. However, The Alexa app does work well. We use it for shopping lists and remote controlling our HA programs and devices via voice.

Since I am now up 26 stories, I can now voice control my outside lights and see the changing patterns from across the city 10-15 km away. Cheap thrill!

Last edited:
Back