Announcements when someone is home

GadgetBoy

I have some announcements that are made throughout the week. I have designed them to trigger at 7:30pm, when someone is generally in the house. I use ROCOutlook to do the majority of the announcements.

How does everyone here set up their announcements to only go off when you are home? Please note that I also have DooMotion. I see it as a cache that builds up any announcements made when there is no motion. When motion is triggered in my Living Room, the cache is empty and the announcements are made.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

I am actually working on something like that, where each announcement goes through a function, which will parse it (make corrections, etc.), queue it when in away mode, and be able to 'dump' the queue once requested, either using TTS and/or a small LCD display in the kitchen (similar to scrolling through your Caller ID messages while you were gone). Right now I have a medication timer for my wife, which will announce that her medication is due, every 10 minutes, whenever there is motion (so if she falls asleep, she doesn't get disturbed).

Back