Announcing CT*AMEE

If this is no a joke then you might want to consider "real com port expandability", not usb to serial adapters. There is a lot of equipment that dose not work well with the USB->serial adapters. My present setup is using 5 com ports and when I am done i'll probably need a few more.

So the intent is sort of (and making a comparison is probably bad here but I am trying to frame this properly) like a global cache on radioactive steroids concept? I know it is a bad comparison as well as if I understand this properly it is so much more.

You can hook in on the network (choose your type) and extend to your system in dramatic ways. Another (perhaps bad comparison) is like the way an elk can have expanders in remote locations (as this thing seems to have it all) so local expansions are very full featured.

I like the high availability concept and the way it seems you network them together.

Curious to see the applications that people start to think up (as this is beyond any one item that is out there currently as far as I know of (and at a price point that mere mortals can consider)).

You have to change the name... My Ex-Girlfriends name is AMY. What am I supposed to say when my wife asked me what I am playing with in the basement at 2-o'clock in the morning? I sure the hell cant say AMEE.

I wish you had told me this before I bought HomeSeer a couple months ago :)

In that regard, how far would this go towards replacing something like HomeSeer? Will there have to be a driver for a W800 written before we can utilize it with this system? Also, (and forgive me if I missed something obvious) how does it handle voice recognition, if at all? How does bluetooth help with RFID support? OK, that's pretty much all I can think of at this point.

TCassio said:
If this is no a joke then you might want to consider "real com port expandability", not usb to serial adapters. There is a lot of equipment that dose not work well with the USB->serial adapters. My present setup is using 5 com ports and when I am done i'll probably need a few more.
It supports Elk's rs485 network, so you can use the M1XSP to add more serial ports.

DeLicious said:
I wish you had told me this before I bought HomeSeer a couple months ago :)

In that regard, how far would this go towards replacing something like HomeSeer? Will there have to be a driver for a W800 written before we can utilize it with this system? Also, (and forgive me if I missed something obvious) how does it handle voice recognition, if at all? How does bluetooth help with RFID support? OK, that's pretty much all I can think of at this point.
a basic W800RF32 driver is up and running already (supports the X10RF gear, just need to add support for DS10A modules).

You can use bluetooth receivers to trigger events based on how close your cell phone is. The concept is similar to Pluto Home's bluetooth promixity stuff.

At the moment there is no support for voice recognition :lol:

Will this device also include a solution for global warming?

Unfortunately, none of us here will see the day that this much technology gets crammed into a device that small for that price.

I believe Harold G. HasenPfeffer, Jr. might be Electron in drag :eek: .....April 1 and a full moon has funny effects on some people! :lol: :p :D

It's actually not my post, I guess it's someone trying to be funny. As for not being able to cram that much technology into a small size box, I guess you have never played with an old HP jornada, which is smaller than CT*AMEE

electron said:
It's actually not my post, I guess it's someone trying to be funny. As for not being able to cram that much technology into a small size box, I guess you have never played with an old HP jornada, which is smaller than CT*AMEE
...but it doesn't include the hardware listed does it?

I thought AMEE looked more like this:
AMEE.jpg

I think that includes all of the optional modules (which are not yet available). It also demonstrates the high availability mode...

GE's "crush you like a bug" statement was really discouraging, so we decided to cancel this device :p

Considering not too many people offered suggestions for improvement, I assume I was pretty close to what most people want in a good HA controller. I hope these specs will give manufactures an idea of what our unicorn looks like, and maybe consider building this thing :lol:

Back