Answering Machine Help for a Touch screen

JohnWPB

I am looking for an answering machine program, that is touch screen friendly. I have done a lot of googling, and have turned up empty handed. Does anyone have any suggestions? If it were skinable, that would be even better :rolleyes: That way I can make the buttons as large as I want, and arrange them. Problem is most skinable software, only lets you really change the colors, not the size of the interface, lists ect.

I am open to any suggestions here!

A few years ago I integrated CallSoft into a Premise user interface. The interface was not too difficult. You might be able to integrate into one of today's touch screen UI programs.

A few years ago I integrated CallSoft into a Premise user interface. The interface was not too difficult. You might be able to integrate into one of today's touch screen UI programs.

I am not familiar with Premise, but think you mean that you were able to embed it and get it to function correctly.

I can use AutoIt to send commands to the buttons, even if they are not visible on the screen. The problem I am trying to overcome is the call list, and number of new calls, caller ID and such, being well blended into the interface for my HA screens somehow.

I downloaded the one you linked to above and played around with it. It's pretty powerful, but there is no way to even increase the font size in any of the lists.

I am not familiar with Premise, but think you mean that you were able to embed it and get it to function correctly.

I can use AutoIt to send commands to the buttons, even if they are not visible on the screen. The problem I am trying to overcome is the call list, and number of new calls, caller ID and such, being well blended into the interface for my HA screens somehow.

I downloaded the one you linked to above and played around with it. It's pretty powerful, but there is no way to even increase the font size in any of the lists.

My solution was to use Premise as the GUI for CallSoft. I think something similar with ML/CQC/Etc. would be possible, so you could create your own GUI, call list or whatever. In Premise I was able to do this with the CallSoft ActiveX control, and a little bit of VB code.

I believe you also have access to the CallSoft log files.

AhA! I totally missed the ActiveX control in the software! I Have been reading up on it, and should be able to put something together.

I am going to use AutoIt as the buffer between Callsoft's ActiveX and Road Runner (Basically because I am familiar with AutoIt, and the scripts can be compiled as an EXE. I can then just have the AutoIt script polling Callsoft, and when something changes, SendCommand to Road Runner to update call indicators, labels and so forth.

Just sitting here thinking as I am typing, this is going to be a pretty major project, as I am not a programmer by nature, but more my necessity :)

Back