Any interest in "Intro to HA" on 4/8,8:30am-10:30?

IVB

Signup Link: https://www.gotomeeting.com/register/235363748.
Pre-registration is required!

Next session, Sunday, 4/8, 8:30am-10:30am PST session?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the "Intro to HA using CQC & the Elk Automation Panel" course.

This online gotomeeting & teleconference is designed to be a 120 minute overview as to how to perform HA & HT using CQC and the Elk automation panel. It is targeted to the newbie who wants to know how to do HA. It is not recorded as it generally sucks to try and synch up the audio teleconference and the video, besides it creates a whopping big file.

There is a dialin phone # and listening is critical as that's where the information is disseminated.

There is no "HA 201" as that's what our monthly user group webex's are designed to be.

Requested but not mandatory prep
1) Read chapter 1 of this doc - i'll be referencing that during the intro.
2) As many of the tutorial videos as you can stand. There's 24 of them now, ideally watch all 4 of the installation ones and the first 2 of the action, event, and graphical interface sections. That's 10 total.

Agenda
This online gotomeeting & teleconference is designed to be a 120 minute overview as to how to perform HA & HT using CQC and the Elk automation panel. It is targeted to the newbie who wants to know how to do HA.

There is a dialin phone # and listening is critical as that's where the information is disseminated. We're also setting up a PC connection capability so our overseas brethren can join us without the exhorbitant callin fees.

The draft agenda is as follows:

1) Overview of what I did, why I did it, and how it helped. 5mins
2) CQC Overview & Architecture 5min
2) How to physically hook devices up to an HTPC for control - 5mins
3) How to tell CQC you have devices connected, and use it to easily create and render a screen to control them in realtime - 45mins
4) How to setup ElkRP to monitor your devices 15mins
5) How to use CQC's event manager and the Elk together to perform the following: 15mins
5a) scheduled tasks (i.e., irrigation, turn off all devices at midnight)
5b) triggered tasks (i.e., turn off all devices when you ArmAway the Elk. turn on the light when you open the closet door)

That's 90 minutes of content. The remaining 30 minutes is intentionally unallocated as questions in various places take up the rest of the time.

See you there!

Cool, i'll have to put my game face on! I revised the agenda and included the link above based on some feedback I just got about how to make it more "real" for people.

cool. Please pre-register using the above link before the blessed event.

Brandon - i'm going to enhance the documentation to be more appropriate - how do you feel about being a guinea pig and reviewing it ahead of time? Given that you're 1)a tech support type of fellow used to dealing with customers, and 2)brand new to CQC, you might be the perfect candidate to give me feedback on how to improve it.

I will not be able to attend this one but am very interested and would like to attend a similar session if you are interested in doing another one at a later date.

Davin

Reminding folks to pre-register (ahem, brandon!) at the indicated URL if they're interested in attending. The way gotowebinar works is slightly different from gotomeeting, and I cannot simply post the link here. YOu'll get an automated email with a personalized link within minutes of signing up.

Davin - these typically happen every 3-6 weeks, i'm sure it won't be long until we have enough folks interested that i'll schedule another one.

I'm sorry -- some family obligations came up on Sunday and I'll be unable to attend. Perhaps next time. Thanks!

Is everyone going to be able to dialin to the conference call #, or will some folks be using TeamSpeak (PC phone)?

It's simpler if we all use the conference call #, but it's not a problem if you need to use TeamSpeak. You just won't be able to hear what the conference call folks are saying and vice-versa.

Back