Anyone interested in all in one counter top touchscreen units?

If they aren't too big (i.e., 100+ MB in size), you can post them in the downloads section.

They are only like 30 megs total when zipped up so I will try to add them to the driver section. What a great idea, I never even noticed that link up there until now!

How is everyone loading the operating system on these? I tried just using an external CD Drive and cant get it to work

To wipe the drives I have been opening then up and hooking up a IDE cdrom drive as the secondary master and doing it that way. There is an extra power cord toward the bottom so I just slide the IDE cable down and set the cd drive on the base.

To wipe the drives I have been opening then up and hooking up a IDE cdrom drive as the secondary master and doing it that way. There is an extra power cord toward the bottom so I just slide the IDE cable down and set the cd drive on the base.

SO the 4 philips head screws on the back and fold the guts out from the front?

Edit:

Also need to remove the side bolts and 2 philips head screws inside (should be 6 but 4 missing on my one unit)

Dumetre you may wish to post instructions on how you loaded the operating system on yours. I connected a DVD drive to the IDE and power cables and the Bios seems to see it but the operating system is failing to load still.

...the Bios seems to see it but the operating system is failing to load still...

Yikes - I knew these were old, but you would think a DVD drive wouldn't throw it -
Digger - could it be you aren't using bootable media or maybe try a different drive? Hopefully I'll get mine tomorrow, the weather is slowing down UPS I think.

I'm installing XP off a CD drive as described on one of my 2 units. The other one I need to take a closer look at, the screen is flashing and jumping. . . I'm assuming it wasn't doing that before shipping. Hopefully something is unseated (as the IDE cable was on the 1st unit).
I also had only 2 screws inside.

Back