Anyone interested in all in one counter top touchscreen units?

You get a better discount than me ;). When I put in 25 lbs to 9222 Graham Ave, 90002 for home delivery it comes up 25.91. The sad thing is when I enter the dimensions of the box (24x12x24 single) it goes up to 35.13.

I will try to test the radar map and NickJR.com tomorrow. Ran out of time today.

What about running this HTML file (it is a custom animated radar screen I use). I guess you would need to compare it to a modern wired computer to see what the speed difference is.
I loaded this on my touchscreen. This is way cool.... thanks for sharing.

If you "View Source" you can see & copy the underlying HTML code. You can modify the code to change the starting position (long & lat), zoom settings, etc.

The radar screen is also interactive, so if you double click on the screen it will zoom in (right click to zoom out), and you can move the position around to see other parts of the country, etc. I have three separate files that I use with CQC. One of that is zoomed out and positioned to see the entire country, this one which shows a "regional" view, and then a local one that is zoomed in to my specific location.

What about running this HTML file (it is a custom animated radar screen I use). I guess you would need to compare it to a modern wired computer to see what the speed difference is.

If you "View Source" you can see & copy the underlying HTML code. You can modify the code to change the starting position (long & lat), zoom settings, etc.

The radar screen is also interactive, so if you double click on the screen it will zoom in (right click to zoom out), and you can move the position around to see other parts of the country, etc. I have three separate files that I use with CQC. One of that is zoomed out and positioned to see the entire country, this one which shows a "regional" view, and then a local one that is zoomed in to my specific location.

That is awesome. I am totally going to use it once I get my netremote setup figured out!

is there somewhere in the code where you can set the zoom?
The parameter used in the URL is "initialZoomLevel". In the following example it is set to "8".
Code:
http://image.weather.com/web/flash/FMMain.swf?lat=45.47&long=-73.75&initialWeatherLayerType=radar&viewPortWidth=775&viewPortHeight=560&initialZoomLevel=8&wxAnimateOnStart=true&baseMap=h

In sic0048's posted HTML file, look at line 32 and change "parameters['zoom']='6';"

is there somewhere in the code where you can set the zoom?
The parameter used in the URL is "initialZoomLevel". In the following example it is set to "8".
Code:
http://image.weather.com/web/flash/FMMain.swf?lat=45.47&long=-73.75&initialWeatherLayerType=radar&viewPortWidth=775&viewPortHeight=560&initialZoomLevel=8&wxAnimateOnStart=true&baseMap=h

In sic0048's posted HTML file, look at line 32 and change "parameters['zoom']='6';"

Perfect! thanks

That is awesome. I am totally going to use it once I get my netremote setup figured out!
Super cool - I can't wait to try it on my new touchscreen PC.

BTW, Dumetre, when do you expect the shipping to begin? ;) I am currently getting an XP "nLite" install ready for this and will give a quick review once I get it up and running.

I am hoping to get a bunch of them boxed up and ready to go tonight and then scheduling a pickup tomorrow.

I was also able to test the radar map last night and even on full blown xp pro (fresh install with nothing disabled) it was a little slow to load it the first time but I think that might have been because it was the very first time flash had been used after the install.

Super cool - I can't wait to try it on my new touchscreen PC.

BTW, Dumetre, when do you expect the shipping to begin? ;) I am currently getting an XP "nLite" install ready for this and will give a quick review once I get it up and running.

Dumetre,

Have you gotten my PMs?

I'd like to try to get you the cash soon, so I can get the Touchscreen sooner then later (I actually have a use for it right now).

Thanks!

--Dan

I did them and replied to you via email since you indicated that it was delivered to your phone. Sorry about that, resent shipping quote via PM also.

for those that are purchasing these, if you have an amex card, their daily wish promotion is offering 50% off on fed ex shipping up to $50. so if you can arrange your own shipping for these, you can save some $. it's still available right now

http://dailywish.amexnetwork.com

look for the offer in the smaller box to the right

I was just checking into that and it doesnt qualify for home delivery. With that said if someone is having them shipped to a business and wants to go this route that is fine with me.

for those that are purchasing these, if you have an amex card, their daily wish promotion is offering 50% off on fed ex shipping up to $50. so if you can arrange your own shipping for these, you can save some $. it's still available right now

I was just checking into that and it doesnt qualify for home delivery. With that said if someone is having them shipped to a business and wants to go this route that is fine with me.

i used this for home delivery when the promo came up in december and i got my credit.

reading the t&c confirms this:
Valid on FedEx Priority Overnight®, FedEx Standard Overnight®, FedEx 2Day®, FedEx Express Saver®, FedEx 1Day® Freight, FedEx 2Day® Freight, FedEx 3Day® Freight, FedEx International Priority®, FedEx Ground®, FedEx International Ground® and FedEx Home Delivery® services.

I did them and replied to you via email since you indicated that it was delivered to your phone. Sorry about that, resent shipping quote via PM also.

Thanks! We are all squared away!

VERY quick response! But yeah, gotta love the e-mail PUSH to the phone.

--Dan

Back