Aternatives to Omnitouch Displays

lvmikel

Hi all!

I am getting ready to upgrade my older Omnitouch 5.7 (non e) and 3.9 touchscreens.
I have looked at the Omnitouch 7's, but it seems like there may be some other alternatives out there.

I am looking at iPad's right now and maybe running Haiku on them, but it looks like there hasn't been an update in a while and their new software (the name escapes me right now) isn't getting great reviews.

Does anyone have any suggestions of other alternatives I haven't mentioned or any thoughts on Nullriver's software (Haiku, etc.)?

Thanks.
Mike

OK.

BUT are there any other alternatives?
I am talking about packaged product.

The only other thing I see is Homeseer with the HAI plugin.

I can't find it today but there was a 3rd party company list on the HAI site.

I own the Cinemar stuff and have tested a 3rd party touchscreen software for the OPII sold in layers with the premium one doing the CCTV stuff.

I do a variety here with my 8" tabletop capacitance touch tablets.  (Linux, xPE and Android). 

While I have tablets they are utilized for mostly web surfacing.  I do use them for look see stuff but not management interfaces.

After doing more research....I found an app called Superlink .

Reviews liok good except for some crashing behavior on some devices when switching from wifi to 4/3G.

Has anyone here used this app? Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Mike

Ive been using it for a couple years and it works great minu some hicvups. Yes it does crash everytime it switches from 3/4g to wifi or vice versa. Sometimes it takes a while to connect even with full bars on wifi. Its totally reliable but again, it will hiccup if you try to arm the alarm when a zone is insecure. Seeing its really the only good android app, i recommend it highly.

Back