Best Mid-Price Bluetooth Speakers

upstatemike

Looking for advice on a pair of medium quality (not cheap computer speaker) bluetooth speakers. I need both right and left to be wireless. Most of the ones I can find have only one speaker that is wireless and then the other channel is just a passive speaker wired to the one with the radio in it. That won't work for me, I need each channel to have it's own radio. I also need to run off AC and not battery as these will be always on. Any suggestions?

Also note I am looking at bluetooth because there is no Wi-Fi available where these will be installed. Would be willing to consider other wireless technologies that do not utilize an IP network.

Have you tried looking for a stereo speaker that has left and right channels in a single unit and you could use 2 of them? I’ve not heard of something like what you’re looking for. You could try a Bluetooth receiver module and then build your own I suppose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrojanHorse said:
Have you tried looking for a stereo speaker that has left and right channels in a single unit and you could use 2 of them? I’ve not heard of something like what you’re looking for. You could try a Bluetooth receiver module and then build your own I suppose... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing I have found using an adapter is a commercial radio link designed to transmit sound from a mixer to remote PA speakers in outdoor venues. Kind of overkill for my application.

It probably won't fit your need, but some portable Bluetooth speakers can be used in pairs to create a stereo setup.  Some of the portable Bluetooth speakers can sound pretty decent too (like the JBP offerings).  You could simply leave them plugged into power all the time. Just a thought!

sic0048 said:
It probably won't fit your need, but some portable Bluetooth speakers can be used in pairs to create a stereo setup.  Some of the portable Bluetooth speakers can sound pretty decent too (like the JBP offerings).  You could simply leave them plugged into power all the time. Just a thought!

Can you point me to an example? All I can find are Bluetooth speakers that need a wire between the right and left speaker. (Bluetooth master and passive slave unit). If I could find what you are describing I think that would do the trick assuming the portables can be left plugged in all the time without overcharging or something.

I don't think BT devices can connect to two devices at one time so stereo connections may not be likely to happen.

However, BT earpieces are doing it, but they may have their own RF channel between the earpieces aside from the main BT, to replace the connector wire.

Alexa, GH, and Sonos can do it via WiFi protocol.

upstatemike said:
Can you point me to an example? All I can find are Bluetooth speakers that need a wire between the right and left speaker. (Bluetooth master and passive slave unit). If I could find what you are describing I think that would do the trick assuming the portables can be left plugged in all the time without overcharging or something.

I believe most of the JBL speakers and the Sony SRS-XB speakers can be stereo linked.  With JBLs, once you connect to two speakers (they default to party mode which is two speakers playing identical streams) you go into the JBL Connect App and into settings and select "Stereo mode".  

sic0048 said:
I believe most of the JBL speakers and the Sony SRS-XB speakers can be stereo linked.  With JBLs, once you connect to two speakers (they default to party mode which is two speakers playing identical streams) you go into the JBL Connect App and into settings and select "Stereo mode".  

Thanks, I'll check those out to see if they will work.

Back