Burg Interior/follower

tal1412

I have an Elk M1G. Having trouble getting zone types 4 and 5 to cause an alarm when the system is armed. Both zones are motions with normally closed contacts. I arm the system and trip a motion. Nothing happens.

If I log on with RP while it is armed and checked the status, I see the voltage for the zone go from 7.3 volts to 12 volts. I never get an alarm, though.

If I change the zone type to a 03, then it trips instantly. The definition is 05 and the zone type is 0. EOL resistor is wired correctly at sensor. Attributes are bypassable and swinger shunt. I've armed disarmed between testing , so it's not swinger.

What am I missing?

What mode are you arming it with? Stay or Away?

Manual page 31 lists each zone definition and when they are active.

For follower, if you opened another entry then tripped the motion it wouldnt go off. Only if you had everything closed, the system armed in Away, THEN tripped the motion it should go off.

The fact that it goes off with zone type 3 but not 4 or 5 makes me think you are arming for Stay or Nite (with or without instant), since Zone type 3 will trip in ANY mode but Zone types 4/5 only trip when NOT in Stay or Nite (+/- instant).

arming it in away mode/exit.Tripping the motions before I ever trip an entry zone.
Per the manual these zones should work the way I have them setup.

I'm thinking about loading a default program into the panel and then re-loading my program to se if something got hung up in the software.
I'm baffled.

It just dawned on me....
I was arming the system in the away mode, but I didn't trip an exit zone during exit delay. The system automatically changed the armed mode to stay because it never saw me leave.
Once again...the panel is never wrong.

Glad you figured it out. I was going to post that in away mode you must open and close your exit door after arming.

Back