cable to connect Elk serial port to Omnistat RC-2000

dwalt

I'm setting up an Omnistat RC-2000 on an Elk M1.
The manual says "splice the Elk W046A cable". There is no pin out for the DB9 side and I don't have the W046A cable.
I really don't want to smoke the serial port or the tstat.
Does anyone have the pinout?
Thx,
Dwalt

You can ignore this message. I figured it out

Last edited:
Well, I thought I had it figured out.....
I have the RC-80 tstat working fine on the Elk.
I tried the RC-2000 and I get "Not Enabled", However when i set the time on the Elk it updates the time on the tstat.
That implies I have power and comms wired properly. I set up some rules to change set points from the Elk and they work as well.
I have triple checked the cable. Its a short cable and I'm using 300 baud.
Any ideas?

Don't know if this would help, but here are some links I found:

Don't know if this would help, but here are some links I found:

Thanks for the links. I managed to kill the com port on the tstat with a wire that came loose.
So now I need to source another Omnistat2.
dwalt

Found this on the Homeseer forum....

Better wiring instructions from HAI

I had a few minutes today and decided to work on connecting my RC-2000 to Homeseer again. I emailed HAI to ask for more specific instructions, and which pins on the RC-2000 correlated with the pins in a DB-9F serial connection. They responded in minutes with more specific instructions that I though others should have access to. Here it is:

1. On the DB-9F connector: Connect pins 7 and 8 together. (RTS and CTS)
2. On the DB-9F connector: Connect pins 1, 6 and 4 together (DCD, DTR and DSR)
3. Connect pin 4 of the DB-9F to the YELLOW connector on the COMM portion of the connectors on the thermostat back housing. (DTR)
4. Connect pin 3 of the DB-9F to the GREEN connector on the COMM portion of the connectors on the thermostat back housing. (TXD)
5. Connect pin 2 of the DB-9F to the BLACK connector on the COMM portion of the connectors on the thermostat back housing. (RXD)
6. Connect pin 5 of the DB-9F to the N/C connector on the COMM portion of the connectors on the thermostat back housing. (GND)

Back