Caddx NX-8v2 Logs

atpgod

I have an NX8-v2 according to DL900 with a hardwire expander and an NX-590e.

I'm having the hardest time getting rid of the "Aux comm fail" error on my keypads.

I was hoping to see if there was a way to get a more detailed message off my system. The "download all logs" from DL900 is very innefective.

Also, the real problem with having "Aux comm fail" on my keypads is that the system won't disarm/arm properly. I press "stay/exit" and the keypad starts beeping until I punch in a user code.

Then when it comes time to disarm (which is more important due to people leaving the house at different times in the AM) you type in the code, and the keypad that wasn't used (the one in my master bedroom) starts beeping until the person downstairs types in their code. But if they type in their code before the downstairs keypad starts beeping, it's inneffective.

---------------
And finally, my end result is to have the system arm/disarm properly and have the system send out an e-mail according to the setting on the NX-590e.

Any suggestions? I know that the initial setup of the nx-590e is fine because I can program using DL900. And the system setup is right for the most part, zones, zone names and bypasses.

The only thing I can think of is make sure the keypads have different addresses.

I to have the "Aux Com Fail" displayed on my keypad. For me, the problem exist with the email set-up. If I disable Loc 3 and Loc 4 at Address 79, which lets the system know what to report to EMAIL #1 and EMAIL #2, then the failure goes away. I suspect my email set-up is incorrect. With no support from GE because I am not an installer, and no support from my installer because he has no experience with this module, I will not be able to use this feature of the NX590E unless I can figure it out with help from these forums.

I am sure their is someone out their who can help with this failure!

The only thing I can think of is make sure the keypads have different addresses.

I to have the "Aux Com Fail" displayed on my keypad. For me, the problem exist with the email set-up. If I disable Loc 3 and Loc 4 at Address 79, which lets the system know what to report to EMAIL #1 and EMAIL #2, then the failure goes away. I suspect my email set-up is incorrect. With no support from GE because I am not an installer, and no support from my installer because he has no experience with this module, I will not be able to use this feature of the NX590E unless I can figure it out with help from these forums.

I am sure their is someone out their who can help with this failure!

I've heard of at least a few people having the "Aux Com Fail" with the NX590E. my own experience is similar to yours in that it was related to the e-mail setup. I never got it to work and gave up but the most progress I made was in setting up my own e-mail server. What do you have set up for your gateway and your e-mail server?

I found the attached document somewhere in the last couple of years. It is an e-mail thread with someone claiming to have succeeded in setting up the e-mail in the nx590E. I never tried it but it might help you.

Attachments

• settingup_email_nx590e.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 110
Dredging up an old thread. After years of trouble-free operation (including email), I'm suddenly getting the "aux comm fail", same as atpgod, and can't get rid of it.

Any new insights since 2007?

Back