CADNX 448E

RAKY0311

I want to add a wireless receiver to my M1 and I want to use a keyfob for arm and disarm, is M1 capable of recognize each fob individual,so that way I know who arm or disarm the sistem,Is that a good idea ?

thanks.

I've thought a lot about a keyfob to disarm system. Push button and it would open garage, turn on garage light (at night) and disarm system. But I always come back to what would happen if you lost the keyfob or your keys and fob were stolen or forcefully taken? The individual now would not only have keys/access to your house, but no security system to contend with. I'm gonna stick with the keypad at the door. Not too tough to enter 4 digits for a little further peace of mind.

thanks steve,I think in keyfob because my old parents,they are confusing with the codes all the time so I looking for a easy way for arm-disarm

Elk sells a RFID keyfob reader and devices for use with the M1. It mounts inside of the keypad unit on the lower right. They also sell a wiring harness that you can use a "standard" RFID device the complies with a "Winegard" spec.

They also sell a I-Button setup, but that is not intended for the M1 series of panels.

I am not aware of a wireless implementation for RFID (reader to M1 wireless - not Fob to reader).

so,I can conclude that the keyfob is not very good idea to use?, I'm considering the M1 card reader too but I dont have a keypad near at entry door,I have to think abouth that now,thanks

functionally, it is a good idea. But losing the keyfob is similar to giving your alarm code to a stranger. If they know your address, etc, it could be a bad thing. Of course they would still need a key and/or garage door opener or a brute force entry. If you feel that you could disable the keyfob before a bad person could use it against you, then I don't see an issue. This is another reason to have remote access to your security system via internet. Unless you don't realize that the fob has been lost. :)

I like that!,so each keyfob enrrolle with individual code or frecuency,that way I can limit the funcionality of each keyfob, Yes?

Each keyfob has a unique ID number and you can assign a user ID to each keyfob for identify who used it.

Like Prox Cards, if you lose the keyfob, remove the keyfob from the M1 system. Just like access control keys. When an employee quits, take them out of the system.

On the Caddx system you can have up to 48 keyfobs, but are limited to 8 push button operations. 4 main buttons on the keyfob, plus two - 2 button push modes.

Spanky said:
On the Caddx system you can have up to 48 keyfobs, but are limited to 8 push button operations. 4 main buttons on the keyfob, plus two - 2 button push modes.
thanks,but all this you describe is for each keyfob? I only need the keyfobs for arm-desarm but would be good the possiblity to execute more task

Back