CAI WebControl Logger [Software]

I'm starting to wonder if someone wants the function to set the creation of a new file?
Like making a dropbox for 1000-5000-10.000-20.000-30.000 strings to be written before saving into a new file?
Also, making genuine filenames? Like using random serials or letters.

Lars,

Just wonder if your logger software could save the board configuration and upload to a new board.  Each different version firmware may have different GUI code, so that the upload/download will need to be different.  But they are not too much different. If you need any help on implement that in your logger software, please write to us directly.

For now it can't save the board config. Had some issues and made some logic with the staus window and board versions.
Will take the rest on PM...

For transfering the board config, what parameters are wanted?
Only the network config, or the whole caboodle?

siafu said:
Hello,

How much CPU power this program should be using?

On my PC the CPU fluctuates at around 30 to 50 CPU % of total CPU power, is this normal?

Whenever I start logging from my Win 7 machine - I get the same thing.  It acts like it's using a "while" loop to count down to the time until the next time to grab log data.  This creates the odd case where updating as fast as possible results in lower average CPU usage.  (usage goes up in between data polls, and drops when it's actively polling)

Unfortunately, this is keeping me from otherwise using the logger....

The problem is from a third part dll file I'm using. This file runs the cpu on my pc up to 12% and is steady there.
I have tried to make a empty script, only running the dll so I'm sure of the source of the problem.
When I get som more spare time I will dive into the problem...

Have done a lot of programming the last days. Seems to be a lot of problems removing that dll code. Made me crazy for a while trying to figure out how to do several issues.
I have used that dll from the first beta and a lot of functions was nestled into the program.

Well, new file is now under testing and seems promising. CPU load is 0-2% depending on the computer used. But, there is also some new ways of doing things.
Program will ask for a string as before, but if the answer is not given during choosed time interval (1-360sec) the program will NOT write that line.
It will loop, and then try again. Counter will add values, but the strings will not be written or saved. That way, the CPU load is also keept lower.
The counter will not be reset during a session anymore, if reset, the list will be cleared, but the counter will continue on last value + 1.
The new version will be released in a few days.
Stay tuned!

New SILENT version is now done. I have implemented some functions that will be removed in the next upgrade.
These functions is just for making sure CPU load is under control. I for sure should have tried the app on a low power CPU, but I have none at hand.
So, what's different?
  • Counter will never reset during a session.
  • Timed out strings will be deleted, and the program loops back for a new request for a string. (saves cpu, and makes the program smoother).
  • If you choose to save a file, the Save List button text will be BOLD every time the software is saviing to file. (to check if cpu load is changing).
  • When 30.000 lines are saved a new file will be created as before. The program will save the old filenames, and will not overwrite a old files anymore.
  • Updated a lot of the timer code to get cpu load under control. If you get a msg box error during testing, download file again since I have done a update 8h ago...

Please test and reply how it works!

Download: http://www.weatherbyrifler.com/WC/CAIWebControlLogger.zip

Thanks, I have now cleaned the last versions code for a upgraded release.
I will upgrade it with the installer as a new version of the program.
But the basic code will be as in the silent upgrade.
For now, I believe the program is as far developed as I will push it.

Larsk

I have been using you logger for a while now and it had worked great, I recently got back to using it with you latest 1.4.7 version and am having an issue with the file save over 30,000 lines.  Everything was working fine, but when I got to about 32000 lines a second save file was not created automatically and the original save file now shows 0kb and is empty.  Any ideas what that part is not working?

Hi, I have to try to test the same issue. For now I have made a fake value lower than 30.000 lines just to test the function. (time saving)
I will try to test it with the compiled exe first. I have some ideas what can have gone wrong, but I'm not sure.
All my testings have shown stable results, but for sure there can be a bug in the software.

Back