CAI WebControl Logger [Software]

I have no clue what the problem is. To get into it, please PM me with details regarding OS and SP versions.
To me, it seems like most issues are under XP.
BTW, are working on a new update that will be released in a week or so.

Seems like I found the bug.
If you have a counter issue, download and install v1.4.6 again. (silent upgrade)
Hope this helps!

Hi !

Ok, I have to find another soulotion to my desire to have two ore more WC to interact.
Is there a tiny and wery low on power PC that runs Windows ?

/s
In our latest firmware 3.02.16, you can actually set VAR or OP from 3.02.16 board to older or same firmware board, through PLC programming new WEBSET command.

Hello,

How much CPU power this program should be using?

On my PC the CPU fluctuates at around 30 to 50 CPU % of total CPU power, is this normal?

LarsK - Great tool, I have been using it for many months on shorter projects now without any issues, but I noticed today on a longer project I am doing that it no longer seems to be writing to the save file?  It is still collecting data (I have it going every 30 secs) and when I tell it to save to a file it seems like everything is fine, but the file is 0kb and when I open it, it has no data in it.  I am at about 35,000 lines in the tool, could that be a problem? 

I would just stop it, close and restart the program, but I have been using it to track information and if I do that I will lose the last two weeks of info which I really don't want to do if I don't have to.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

LarsK, now that I've finished up the greenhouse and wood heat controller I wanted to play around with logging and stumbled upon your spiffy program.

I've downloaded the latest version v1.4.6 running on XP pro.

1) Perhaps I'm slow but I cannot figure out how to log more than one item from the "Choose Data" page.
2) What is the purpose of the "Values" pulldown?

tks - Tom

LarsK - As follow up, the same thing has happened again.  When I get to around 35,000 lines the tools seems to stop being able to copy the data to the save file (or really anywhere) If I just click the clear data button it all wipes out but then it starts writing back to the file, but of course I have lost all the data at that point.  Any thoughts?
ChubRock1 said:
LarsK - Great tool, I have been using it for many months on shorter projects now without any issues, but I noticed today on a longer project I am doing that it no longer seems to be writing to the save file?  It is still collecting data (I have it going every 30 secs) and when I tell it to save to a file it seems like everything is fine, but the file is 0kb and when I open it, it has no data in it.  I am at about 35,000 lines in the tool, could that be a problem? 

I would just stop it, close and restart the program, but I have been using it to track information and if I do that I will lose the last two weeks of info which I really don't want to do if I don't have to.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

ChubRock1 said:

Thanks.

Hi, I have tried the program logging long strings before with no issues. But, as you state there can be problems saving 35.000 lines and more. I have not been able to duplicate the problem as for now.
But I have a solution up my sleeve. I can implement a auto save function that gives the desired filename a 001 in the end. And after x strings it saves to a new file called 002 and so on.
Now, I just need time to make it happen!!!

Tschmidt said:
LarsK, now that I've finished up the greenhouse and wood heat controller I wanted to play around with logging and stumbled upon your spiffy program.

I've downloaded the latest version v1.4.6 running on XP pro.

1) Perhaps I'm slow but I cannot figure out how to log more than one item from the "Choose Data" page.
2) What is the purpose of the "Values" pulldown?

tks - Tom

You should be able to make something like this:

caiweb22.jpg

LarsK. If you think that is the only solution, then I'll take it. I do have the file automatically pulling into an excel sheet as an external data source so if the file name changes I would have to figure out when to add the second data source to excel. But at least that would be better than losing the data if there is no way to allow a larger single file. Thanks

I have found the problem and it's a VB6 issue.
I have made a new silent update that solves the problem.
First run program as usual. Choose a filename, and save it.
Start logging. After 30.000 lines the program will create a new file labeled 101.txt
After another 30.000 lines 102.txt is created and so on.
If you restart the program, remember that the program will overwrite the old files if the first file you created is in the same folder.
For sure I will make it more sleek in the future, but for now that's it.
Download: http://www.weatherbyrifler.com/WC/CAIWebControlLogger.zip
Unzip, and copy to progg folder.

Back