CAI WebControl Logger [Software]

I'm using the same ver 1.4.6 link from previous post. Same error message after the password entry.

No rush on the fix. Just wanted to check it out.

Yep, it works now. Nice program. Although logging is a bit buggy since I'm remotely accessing my Webcontrol which is transmitting over Satallite internet. The speed test gives 5.1sec.

Great, I will keep the installer as is, since I've had a lot of issues getting it to run on all OS.
I'm still flickering on the code, and there will be a update soon.

Hi Lars !

Do you remember this:

"" Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

LarsK, on 30 March 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

Hi, I have just flickered some on the code.
Not anything that needs to be updated.
To get the two PLC's to communicate I'm sure it can be done.
Excample:
IF PLC1 TTL 1 Input bits value = 1
then PLC2 TTL 1 Output bits value = 1
Hi Lars !
Yes, exactly !
That would be super, and maby the other way around, output plc1=1...input plc2=1.""

Have you expeimented anything with this ?

Another question to all of you:

I have found Raspberry Pi on the net, is it possible to run your WC-logger on it ?
My idea is to be able to run multiple WC-logger, and connect two or more WC-boards to a switch.

Is this something that is possible ?
I don't understand much of programming and computers, but I find it very interesting.... :p

/Staffan

The CAI Webcontrol Duo is starting to take shape. I have done the two login codes, and it works as it should.
Grabbing status from both cards works also.
TTL function seems to work. TTL1-8 On Off.
I have now two WC cards for testing the code. Beta release in some weeks...

Concerning the raspberry it can not run Windows OS.
Due to the fact that the processor is an ARM CPU.

CWDuo.jpg

Downloaded the program. Looks real nice.
But afraid to say its not logging.
It logs one value upon START button. But then sits there and doesnt log any more values.
Maybe youre working on it?

Thanks
H

Hi again !​

"Concerning the raspberry it can not run Windows OS.
Due to the fact that the processor is an ARM CPU."​

Thats sad, I need a small 12V server with low power consumption for my off grid house.​

Why I asked was that I found this.....​

and hoped that it would work to compile your WC-logger for use with the Pi.​

/Staffan​

"Concerning the raspberry it can not run Windows OS.
Due to the fact that the processor is an ARM CPU."​
Thats sad, I need a small 12V server with low power consumption for my off grid house.​

What OS have you got on the raspberry? I do all my logging from FreeBSD although linux should work fine. Nobody should be stuck on the redmond roundabout with their bloated, buggy, closed-source, overpriced junk :)

I think Raspberry running on a closed source Linux. It was promised to be a $25 cerdit card size board, but actual street price is more close to $75 in USA. You will have to put a SD card on it to run the Linux. If you want to do anything with it, you will have to write your own Linux software to put on it. I/O buffer board is sold separately for another $25. However, I think a lot of people want to run a low cost Linux server on a box. I think this media player also running Linux with much powerful hardware:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16815645001
After rebate it is cheaper than Raspberry. I believe you could even ask the box maker for the whole source code to build the OS. It already has a SATA interface to support up to 2TB hard drive, I think AIOS is a better low power Linux box.

However, Lars' logger software does not run on Linux.

Hi !

Ok, I have to find another soulotion to my desire to have two ore more WC to interact.
Is there a tiny and wery low on power PC that runs Windows ?

/s

Downloaded the program. Looks real nice.
But afraid to say its not logging.
It logs one value upon START button. But then sits there and doesnt log any more values.
Maybe youre working on it?

Thanks
H
I've noticed the same issue. Newest version and have tried many of the different interval options.

Back