Camera Comparisons

Squintz

I would like to start a thread to help solve some of the mystery of buying video cameras for security around the house. Since I know many of you own a few different types of cameras I am asking you to Post here with the Make and Model of your camera along with weather it is wireless or wired and what type of receiver are you using such as a video capture card or a dedicated dvr car or maybe even a simple vcr.

THEN: Along with the description of the camera please post a screen capture so that we can make our own decision about the quality of the image it produces.

If we get enough people to participate then we could make a detailed compaison chart.

Thanks in advance to all that participate!

Just for comparison, I use discontinued Philips Magnavox PM61760 ($29 each) B&W wired cams. For video input, I use an AVerMedia DVD EZMaker USB2.0 ($50).

I run several of these through a home-made switcher.

Tony

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 167
I use the IP Networking Camera NC1000-L10.
They are wired network cameras.
I have three at home and two at my warehouse.
They work wonderfully and with a price of $94.99 you can't go wrong.
They have builtin webservers which allow for remote ftp transfer of images if motion is detected. It also has a not so great builtin ability for night vision.

Kind Regards,
Shawn

Attachments

• WebCamPic.jpg
    WebCamPic.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 221
Hi Shawn:

Your cameras seem like a great bargain for the price. Do you have a link to the manufacturer?

I am familiar with similar Axis network cameras (use at work), but they are way to expensive for the home.

Thanks,

BSR

Edit: Found THIS.

Here is the CL-H4149VWH from Automated outlet.
PS... weather is awful... grey and overcast.

Attachments

• Automatedcam.jpg
    Automatedcam.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 253
It is very very good. One of the best that I have. It does not do NO light, but as soon as you turn on a light, it is just fine.

Here is the CL-4128WH from Automated outlet.

Attachments

• Camera02.jpg_105_5_6_17_1_4_796.jpg
    Camera02.jpg_105_5_6_17_1_4_796.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 178
Hey Ski:

Concerning your First Camera, how it the view at night. I know its not an IR but the literatature said it was low light (.5 lux). I know you said it does OK, but would say three or so 60 watt light bulbs around an area be enough, or say low voltage lighting (say about four lights low to the ground) be enough?

Here is the PC209IR from Supercircuits. (Infrared color)

Attachments

• ir.jpg
    ir.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 186
BraveSirRobbin said:
Hey Ski:

Concerning your First Camera, how it the view at night. I know its not an IR but the literatature said it was low light (.5 lux).
It can see much better than I can at night...I would call it very good. Almost as good as the IR color cam.

3 60 watt bulbs should be fine. I have a single halogen flood on the garage, and it illuminates out to over 150 feet forthis cam. I'll do some demo's tonight, time permitting.

This is the VC45CSH from Spycameras for Less (IR Color, CS mount lens) This is via a microwave link going about 200 feet.
Had to save as a smaller image due to file size.

Attachments

• ir2.jpg
    ir2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 178
This is the CC2847 from Spycameras for Less. (Sorry for the noise)

Attachments

• ir3.jpg
    ir3.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 256
Nice slippers. I guess we found what skibum really likes. It looks like he has a whole collection of very nice cameras. Thanks for sharing.

BSR what cam were you using for the bees?

VisionTech VC20LW43

cam-050111131645.jpg

Back