Can you hear me now?

Oh man that is cool.... Ill tell you what though, I am more impressed with the AirScooter than I am with the sound thingy. Altough both of them are incredible I would have a million times more fun in the scooter. If they are less than $50K I am taking out a loan and getting one :D

Us kids never grow up!

He really has done some cool stuff, and the pictures of that airscooter are pretty nice. I learnt about him because of that "Flyer Cars" segment on 60 minutes (link to the article describing that segment is posted on this forum).

Btw, here is a great website discussing how HyperSonic Sound works:
http://www.acoustics.org/press/133rd/2pea.html

btw, here is a great video clip of that Air Scooter:
http://www.popsci.com/popsci/aviation/arti...,319295,00.html
http://www.airscooter.com has some more info as well.

A cool application for that Hypersonic sound technology would be true 'follow-me' music. RFID type sensors would be able to figure out where exactly you are, and aim the transmitter at you so only you can hear certain announcements and music, while the wife could be listening to something else.

Better yet put the non audible speaker in the aircraft and pump up the gain so it dounds out the engine. Then add GPS and a AirPC to download new songs as you travel past hotspots.

After watching the video that thing looks about as stable as my RC Raptor helicopter. Not so sure i would ever get in it untill he build some autopolit features into it.

Yep, I'm with you Squintz, and it never got more than a few feet off the ground. So to me it seems more like a car without breaks rather than the fix for gridlock.....

Squintz Wrote:
If they are less than $50K I am taking out a loan and getting one
You better make an appointment with the loan officer at the bank!

From The Article:
current pricing estimates by AirScooter Corporation are under $50,000.

That being said...
I WANT ONE!!!

Speaking of soundless sound systems, does anyone (old enough) remember the "bone fone" from the 70's? This was a battery operated radio receiver that you wore around your neck like a scarf. The speakers were placed in such a way as to send the sound into your neck bones. It was actually quite well done. The person wearing it would hear a clear, stereo sound while others around hin heard almost nothing. These are now collectable and I have seen them on ebay.

Guy Lavoie said:
Speaking of soundless sound systems, does anyone (old enough) remember the "bone fone" from the 70's? This was a battery operated radio receiver that you wore around your neck like a scarf. The speakers were placed in such a way as to send the sound into your neck bones. It was actually quite well done. The person wearing it would hear a clear, stereo sound while others around hin heard almost nothing. These are now collectable and I have seen them on ebay.
That's exactly what came to mind when I first saw this thread. For those who haven't seen them, they look kind of like a blue foam keyboard wrist rest (only smaller) hanging around your neck.

I suppose I shouldn't raise my hand and put myself into this "elite" group who remembers that thing... maybe "elite" isn't the right word to describe this group, but that's what I'm going with! ;-)

I never owned one, but my cousin did, and I did use it a time or two. Pretty neat! Or cool! Or whatever the vernacular was at the time! And it was heavy!

I believe 'experienced' is the word you ard looking for, eventho the word 'bone fone' sounds like something which came directly out of an Austin Powers movie ;)

Back