Can't Connect Via Droid to Elk M1 Anymore

Hi All,

Thanks to all that like my app (M1 Touch Pro) on Google Play.
I view these forums here and there, so if you have any issues or have any questions feel free to contact me by emailing my support email which can be found on Google Play.

I try to provide the best support possible and plan to continue support my app for many years to come.
I do try to provide support as quick as I can even knowing I am on different time zones as you. I am from Australia. (GMT +10) so if you don't get a instant reply then I most likely in bed asleep but I will reply first thing in the morning.

Developing apps isn't all I do. During the day I work at a company that provides M1 support (as well as other products such as CCTV, access control etc.) as well as sell the products worldwide.
I work on the app on weekends as well as after hours at home.

I don't plan to walk away from my app as I believe that once someone purchases something they should be looked after, plus since we sell the M1 (at my day job) I want to make sure we have a app available for Android. A reliable one :)

I recently installed Android M (Developer preview) on my Nexus 5 and so far everything has tested out to be OK. No issues found yet, so when the public release of Android M is released then everything should be fine.
I will continue to test the app as new Android M updates are released to developers.

I noticed a few people in this thread reported that the app freezes when trying to connect.
I personally haven't seen this on any of my test devices (or heard of it before) but I have changed a few things around on how it connects in the next update (v2.0.6) which I hope to release very soon. I am about to send the beta to the Elk R&D for testing before I release it. (I do this with all new releases before it hits Google Play just so I know everything works out).

Just remember to be running the M1XEP (Ethernet module) version 1.3.28 or above. Version 2 M1XEP (Ethernet module) firmware works fine as well.
And, update to the latest M1 firmware if you have any further issues. Many people as still running the original M1 firmware and wondering why nothing is working in the app.

The version I am currently using for testing is M1XEP (Ethernet Module) firmware version 2.0.30 and M1 firmware 5.3.0.

If anyone has any questions or issues with my app then feel free to drop me a email and I am happy to help.

Once again, thanks for all that like my app and I continue to improve it and support it for many years to come.

I am another user for whom myKeypad Pro has stopped working with lollipop. I can conform that the developer is not responding to emails, I have tried repeatedly.

I am running M1Xep firmware 2.0.30, and connecting via the secure port on M1XEP. I purchased M1 touch and it is working well.

I'm having a strange issue with a friend's M1.  He has all the latest drivers and firmware updates (including the e-net card).

When connecting with the android app, every now and then it seems to glitch and not connect.  I'm not sure if it's trying to go between WiFi and cell, but it seems to lock up the ethernet card where no app can connect (Elk RP, Android Apps, nothing connects).

You can still ping to the ethernet card AND it will still send out email notifications (such as the doorbell rings rule we have) but nothing can connect.

The only way to get this to work (and we have tried numerous ways that don't involve sacrificing small animals) is to power down the M1 and unplug the ethernet card's pwr.  Then pwr up the M1, wait, then pwr up the ethernet card.

The phone is a newer Samsung Galaxy S with latest Lollipop and all updates.

Cycling power to the enet card alone or phone will not work.

Has anyone else noticed issues such as this?

Back