cat5tx question

MrSpeed

I purchased these units and wanted to know if they are truly no video loss and if they work as good as running a cable directly to the tv. I plugged them in yesterday and maybe it is me but i thought that the image use not as crisp. The alternative is running cables, which will be cheaper but my question with cables is will they need amplifiers for the signal runs? None of my runs are over 100 feet. If the difference is marginal, I think I rather keep them, rather than having to fish more cables trough my house.

Just want to get some feedback from members with this particular unit.

Thanks

Are these the CELabs Cat5TX Cat5RX units or some other brand? Regardless, if you're doing an A/B comparison with an HDMI connection, you are likely seeing differences in your TV settings per input (HDMI input vs. component). I had the same reaction when I tested my CELabs units initially - the colors were off and too dark, etc. Once I figured out that the per-input video adjustments were very different, I corrected the picture... I don't remember if I could actually see a difference or not once I had done that - but it was awfully close...

Jeff

Are these the CELabs Cat5TX Cat5RX units or some other brand? Regardless, if you're doing an A/B comparison with an HDMI connection, you are likely seeing differences in your TV settings per input (HDMI input vs. component). I had the same reaction when I tested my CELabs units initially - the colors were off and too dark, etc. Once I figured out that the per-input video adjustments were very different, I corrected the picture... I don't remember if I could actually see a difference or not once I had done that - but it was awfully close...

Jeff

Yep they are CElabs, I m leaning towards keeping them, I still find the picture brighter than if I used the regular component and have to tweak it. When there are high def scenes that show close up of faces etc, I an notice the picture switch details on intervals "a little blury then back to more clear" kind weird.

The CElabs Cat5XX components worked great on my long run. I used really good armoured/plenum rated Cat6e cable that I crimped myself.

Is it possible you have an issue with interference?

any cable will have singal loss. The higher frequency is easier to be lost in long cable, which is the details of the picture.

Back