CEDIA Electronic Lifestyles EXPO

MikeB

What is this show like? I really wanted to go to CES this year, but couldn't make it.

Is this show along this caliber? I don't want to fly out to Vegas unless it's worthwhile.

Hey Mike,

It depends what you want to get out of either show. Here's my quick take:

CES - Go to see what you will be buying this Christmas. A lot of HA companies show at CES but they are spread around in the show and you need to do a lot of work to see them. The training is pretty lightweight.

CEDIA - You want to see what is going on in the HA industry specifically. A lot of companies will be there in a smaller venue so it is easy to catch them all. The training is much more in depth and has certification attached to it.

In either case, you get a trip to LV out of the deal.

HTH

George West
www.wtrs.net

Do i have to be a cedia member to go to show in denver? not taking any classes just want to get to the floor and check out exhibits.

anyone going?

sept 4-9th i think

Do i have to be a cedia member to go to show in denver? not taking any classes just want to get to the floor and check out exhibits.

anyone going?

sept 4-9th i think
Don't have to be a member but, you must register. CES is for sweaty teenagers checking out gaming. CEDIA is WAY more in depth.

Yep, I'll be there. Heck I'm in Denver. I may end up working the Convergent Living booth and I'll probably help build ComCable's. Stop by...

anyone going?

sept 4-9th i think
Don't have to be a member but, you must register. CES is for sweaty teenagers checking out gaming. CEDIA is WAY more in depth.

Yep, I'll be there. Heck I'm in Denver. I may end up working the Convergent Living booth and I'll probably help build ComCable's. Stop by...

I wonder how many CTer's will be at CEDIA this year. I tried to get a group together last year but no one really said they were going. I really think this show is a little bigger than EHX. It is more Home Theater oriented, but it seems most of the Automation companies attend also and there is a ton of training. Like Anthony Z, I also live in Denver so it's a no brainer for me to attend.

I'm in Denver too, so I'll be there.

That makes at least 4 CTers attending CEDIA, lets try to meet.

Alright Denverites (and anyone else), I'm in. By the way, despite my avatar (or whatever it's called), I won't be in a lucha libre mask. Look for the guy with tattooed hands...

OK, we should set up a time and place to meet at denver show. I will be there the 6th thru 9th, maybe 10th. Any suggestions?

Also, CEDIA's website frustrates me as I cannot find a link to register. Anyone got a link or phone number to register? Yes, I know its late but doesnt matter, LOL.

OK, we should set up a time and place to meet at denver show. I will be there the 6th thru 9th, maybe 10th. Any suggestions?

Also, CEDIA's website frustrates me as I cannot find a link to register. Anyone got a link or phone number to register? Yes, I know its late but doesnt matter, LOL.

Digital, There is a large dark gray button on this page CEDIA Expo that links to the registration page. Give that a try.

Glad you brought this up again, I have been meaning to post a follow up on a get together. I had something come up and will only be able to be walk the show floor over the weekend. I live in Denver, so I could be there after hours any day during the week.

What works for the rest of you?

Larry, Thats all we are doing, walking the floor. I assume the other options you are referring to are the classes and seminars? While that may be on the agenda for me next year, this year is just a touchy feely to see whats out there.

We should be there by thursday, walk the floor fri and sat and leave either sat night or sunday, but plans can change. want to set up a meeting time on the floor for saturday? i am open to suggestions as well.

Tuck

Well, Saturday is out as my wife would consider it "work" and I have a hard and fast rule of no work on the weekends. I'll certainly be there all day Tuesday (setup), most of Wednesday, Thursday (?) and Friday morning. I would be down for a brief, and in my case, non-alcoholic gathering. Any punk rock fans out there? The 15th St. Tavern is right around the corner. I am also just a "tourist" as I am not a fan of CEDIA and thus won't spend $ on the classes. I am there to have fun. Last year Marantz and Snell had a demo room that made me poop a little bit...

Anthony, Sorry to hear you can't come out to "play" on Saturday, there won't be any work involved, we promise. I had hoped that we would be able to meet Thursday or Friday, but I will not be able to get down to the show till the weekend.

Digital, I want to attend a couple of "What's New" briefings on Saturday, not sure of the exact times, I'll check them out and post again tomorrow. How about we meet at the Elk booth when we can, bunch of great guys and they have some new stuff I want to check out.

Anthony, Sorry to hear you can't come out to "play" on Saturday, there won't be any work involved, we promise. I had hoped that we would be able to meet Thursday or Friday, but I will not be able to get down to the show till the weekend.

Digital, I want to attend a couple of "What's New" briefings on Saturday, not sure of the exact times, I'll check them out and post again tomorrow. How about we meet at the Elk booth when we can, bunch of great guys and they have some new stuff I want to check out.
Maybe I can get a babysitter and my wife a pass and all will be well. She loves HT more than anyone else I know and may be persuaded that way. She typically doesn't care about the gear, though. She just wants it to rock!

Back