Chirp the keypads

lugnut

I'm a rookie at this so please bear with me. I want an event to beep the keypad. The only way I've found so far to do this is with a THEN rule to start beeps when the event transition is detected. Turning the keypad beeps on causes a short burst of 3 beeps, then a pause, then repeats the burst of 3 beeps until it is explicitly stopped. I only want a single burst of the 3 beeps, always 3 beeps, to all keypads.

The way I found to do this in theory is using a 1 second counter, which starts after the BEEP START, and ends the beeps when the timer times out.

The issue I've found with the use of counters and a WHENEVER 1 SECOND rule is the 1 second seems tied to a system timer tic's 1-second boundary, so the event that happens asynchronous to the system timer tic results in I sometimes hear the keypad emit the short burst of 3 beeps, and sometimes not. It depends (it seems anyway) on when the event hits within the system timer tic's 1-second window, which is unpredictable since they aren't synchronized.

If I set the counter that terminates the beeps to 2 seconds, I sometimes get two bursts of 3 beeps, and sometimes just one. Also, it can vary with my 2 keypads. Sometimes I hear the beeps on one keypad but not the other. I guess that says there is no "keypad broadcast address" on the data bus, and it sends the commands in series, individually addressed (but I can't find where you can actually direct text or beeps to specific keypads so maybe I'm confused)

So my question, is there a simple way to just send a single burst of 3 beeps to all keypads, that I'm not seeing? Where it will always send just the single burst of 3 beeps, and always to all keypads?

Would the use of "dummy outputs" turned on for 1 second give a different result? (i.e. if you turn an output on for 1 second, does it turn on immediately, even if the system timer-tic-seconds is at say xx1.47 seconds, or does it also hold off until it detects a transition to xx2.00 seconds?)

Not sure if you chirp needs to sound the same as the standard keypad chirp, but...

Could you setup an output with a voice description of 800hz tones and silences to achieve the desired affect?

Brian

Not sure if you chirp needs to sound the same as the standard keypad chirp, but...

Could you setup an output with a voice description of 800hz tones and silences to achieve the desired affect?

Brian

An interesting idea, but I think that would have to go out the speaker(?). My preference would be right at the keypads, at the exit doors. My doors sometimes need an extra nudge to compress the weatherstripping all the way, and re-engage the contacts. My dog has been known to get out these not-completely-closed doors, so this "chime when closed" is not so much a security feature as a reminder.

Brian

An interesting idea, but I think that would have to go out the speaker(?). My preference would be right at the keypads, at the exit doors. My doors sometimes need an extra nudge to compress the weatherstripping all the way, and re-engage the contacts. My dog has been known to get out these not-completely-closed doors, so this "chime when closed" is not so much a security feature as a reminder.

I have speakers mounted behind the keypads, doesn't everyone? :)

I have some doors with magnetic locks, I flash the F1 key on the keypad if the switch isn't made.

Brian

Back