commercial release of iphone/itouch and blackberry apps

twilo123

was not exactly sure on how to handle an announcement on the board (i emailed to dan as a start) but would like to let everyone know what's released and also what has been submitted for approval.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Rob

Intelligent Designs Group, LLC developer of cellular software announces the initial launch of their Total Control suite of software solutions. More information can be found at www.totalcontrolapp.com which includes instructional videos, screenshots, manuals, diagrams, and other informational material.

1. Blackberry video surveillance software. Enjoy the ability to view & control live video streams from supported ip cameras and video encoders. Over 10 manufacturers and 100+ models supported. Direct connection between your hardware. No 3rd party servers involved. No monthly or annual subscriptions. Various versions available. Free demo trial version. See website for more details.

2. Iphone/Ipod Touch video surveillance software. Submitted for approval. Enjoy the ability to view & control live video streams from supported ip cameras and video encoders. Over 10 manufacturers and 100+ models supported. Direct connection between your hardware. No 3rd party servers involved. No monthly or annual subscriptions. Single camera version only at this time. See the website for more details.

3. Iphone/Ipod Touch Z-Wave Automation Edition. Submitted for approval. Control and monitor your zwave devices with this interface. There is a hardware requirement which can either be windows pc based or non computer based via appliance for people with a mac computer or who don't want to run a pc 24/7. Compatible with most z-wave devices. US based z-wave products only. See website for more details.

Can you provide more info on support for non-IP cameras? I have a geovision setup and it would be nice to be able to view it on my iPhone. Is that possible?

currently analog cameras are supported via Axis video encoders. I believe Panasonic will work also but i haven't had one to test against yet. If anyone has one i can test against and doesn't mind letting me try please pm me. i'll take a look at Geovision but as of now it is not on the supported list. what geovision setup do you have? ip camera/video encoder/dvr/etc.

geovision just confirmed that their api is strictly activex at this point so that line will not be supported. :)

currently analog cameras are supported via Axis video encoders.
Axis encoders such as the 241Q require an Active-X also. Axis has really dropped the ball on mobile solutions for their products. I't's a shame as they make quality products, they just have no interest in mobile apps... :)

Actually the 241q subscribes to the vapix API which is non activex and it works fine. I will double check my test notes when I am by computer but I believe I tested this model already. The whole axis line that uses the API work just fine in the apps. They were actually created with mobile in mind because I have the ability to directly call small cellular screen size resolutions. They just really are not so much in the app business so creating a mobile front end is not part of their core functionality. I think you are talking about their dual stream codecs. They tend to stream mp4 + mjpg. Mp4 is typically in activex whereas mjpg is via the vapix non activex API. I believe I can even develop mp4 under the vapix API also but the quick and dirty way of doing it is in activex.

So I could not find the info on the site but what hardware is required for the Z-Wave App?

Thank you.

The manual is not finished but you can find all of the hardware info within it on the website under the manual section (i put up what i have so far). basically it is a rzc0p or vrc0p along with a vrcpg. you can either do it through computer with com port or usb to serial adapter or via global cache appliance.

i asked whoever is asihome on zwaveworld.com/forum to demo the beta but they never got back to me.

i will have the full videos and manual finished sometime next week.

Rob

i asked whoever is asihome on zwaveworld.com/forum to demo the beta but they never got back to me.

Sorry. I thought I answered you. At the time that you had asked, we did not have anybody in the office with Z-Wave and an iPhone/iPod Touch. Some of the guys were looking at getting one so I was just looking for more info.

Thank you.

The offer still stands in your case. Pm me if you get a hold of one.

also for the blackberry camera app versions that support multiple cameras there are a couple of functions i need to update in the manuals.

1. 'next/previous camera' function - used to quickly switch cameras without having to manually stop/switch camera/start video
2. a timer functon (based on seconds) - used to automatically switch cameras based on a length of time. i.e. if set to 180 the application will cycle to the next video feed every 3 minutes automatically.

the 241q has been double checked and works fine in the app along with all of the other axis video encoders which subscribe to the vapix api (which is all of the current models. older models you may have to double check or update the firmware).

i will have an actual tested and approved model list up sometime next week.

I have an axis 2400 and tested it with twilo's software using a blackberry curve worked great. I could checkup on our 'chicken cam' on the blackberry. The kids loved keeping track of the chickens that just hatched... ahh technology...

Back