commercial release of iphone/itouch and blackberry apps

thanks Hucker. I hope you enjoy the app.

elcano the website is: www.totalcontrolapp.com

app store submission dept was closed 24-28th + they probably had tons of people trying to get apps in right before christmas like me so hopefully (if all goes well) they will be approved this week or early next week.

I was finally able to finish putting together the compatibility list for the video surveillance app. If anyone is interested in taking a look at it they can find it under (Model Compatability List: Compatability List Click Here) within it's respective product section on www.totalcontrolapp.com. I can't go into any details because of the NDA but basically we have been going back and forth over some nitpicking but I think I am through the worst of it at this point and hope to be approved in the near future.

Supported Manufacturers
Alphabetical Order:

* 4XEM
* Aviosys
* Axis
* Canon
* D-Link
* Linksys
* Mobotix
* Panasonic
* Pixord
* Sony
* Stardot
* Toshiba
* Vivotek

Model Compatability List:

Compatability List Click Here

I added a couple more videos for the zwave automation app. they are called 'Add Node Video' and 'Application Operation Video'. The first shows you how to add a node into the application for control/status. The second shows the actual use and functions of the application as it would be when you use it. They are just video right now. I will either add audio or some text to it when i get a chance to complete the tutorials.

I updated the pdf manual also to include more information on application setup/operation. It explains in more detail how the application works and some of the UI design.

I also got a hold of a Techniku shade this weekend to certify it with the app and their shade works fine so you can either use the ESI/Draper piece or Techniku shade as they have both been tested with the application. If you want to know who to contact for these units let me know and I will put you in touch with their respect product managers.

i'm still anxiously awaiting your iphone app. i search for it in the app store every couple of days but don't see it. i'm frankly desparate for a camera viewing app native to the iphone that works with my cameras (which cam view lite does not, for whatever reason). any updates on this front?

DeLicious,

I'm sorry i haven't been giving an update. Let's just say that Apple is much more restrictive when it comes to audio/video communications than most any other types of apps. The app was done over a month ago however i have had to go through several rounds with them regarding their restrictions. This app was a very complicated process and is still ongoing. I have what i hope is the final version to be approved ready as of today and will resubmit. i have had to tweak this app to no end just to hopefully get it to pass. if i didn't bother with all of the tweaking the app would have been seriously stripped down like some of the similar apps on the store. i wanted to keep a quality app so i am taking the development a little further than is typical in this process. i could have cut corners and have been done with it already but it's not worth all of the time put in to do that IMO.

on another front, i was waiting until the app showed up in the regular store to make the announcement but Apple has finally approved my zwave app. It is called Total Control: Z-Wave Automation Edition.

Here is the direct link:

Direct Itunes Link To Total Control Zwave Edition

or a regular web page link with the itunes info
Non Itunes Itunes Info Link

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. There is a compatibility list on the website with known tested modules. Basically it uses a rzc0p or vrc0p and either a global cache appliance or your pc (via com port or usb to serial adapter + some free software). used GC for people who don't want to bother with pc however if you want to save $ and run a pc 24/7 you have that option also. See manual for diagrams and details.

Here are some links off of the website

Direct Webpage Link

Manual

Preferences Setup Video

Adding A Node Within The App

Application Operation Video

DeLicious, what make/model camera do you have?

Also in case anyone is interested:

1. the blackberry vidcam app has been released and there is a free 10 day, 2 camera trial version on the website. check the website under blackberry section for details. that version has been pumped up to support 15+ manufacturers and 150+ models now.

2. iphone app is singlecam only right now. it is hell enough getting that version through so i wouldn't expect a multicam for some time. who knows what i hoops i have to jump through on that version

3. starting a commercial version for dvr/nvr support. I would really like some feedback from the forum members on which solutions they use and like so i can look into them. the apps are a whole different animal and will be supported 1 at a time instead of in groups like ip cameras/video encoders. each manufacturer tries to do everything different from the next in this part of the industry so it becomes much more complicated to try to support multiple ones like i am doing. first nvr i am looking at is milestone. would like some feedback from anyone who has used it. i will post on cctvforum.com also.

4. android version is in beta now for singlecam & multicam. so far it is being tested on g1 only although i suspect this will be the year of the Android. We'll see as 2 major cell phone tradeshows are coming up. it is Android o/s based so it should work on any Android unit that comes to market. Supports similar functions to iphone model as far as controls and viewing are concerned.

5. Winmo version is in beta for singlecam version. not much to say here. being tested on non touchscreens so far though so it acts more like bb when using. instead of trackball buttons are used and keyboard has mappings for controls also.

all versions except iphone will have a demo trial version 10 day, 2 camera on the website for download. i wish it was the same for iphone/itouch but i don't make the rules. android/winmo versions will support the same cameras/video encoders, etc. as bb listing so just check compatibility list under bb to see if yours is listed. if it's not listed let me know here or pm me with make/model and i will look into supporting it.

hey man, i get it... we all appreciate the work.

my cameras are panasonics (bl-c10a's, i think?) and airlinks (don't remember the models). i do remember the problem with the cam view lite on iphone was that although it supported mjpeg or pulling down single images at a constant rate, the path to these had to literally end in "mjpeg" or "mjpg" or "jpg", and the panasonic path did not explicitly end in that although it was using that format. that's pretty much why i gave up on it. however, it was only $2.99.

Back