Haiku Configuring DLink DCL-942L Camera with OmniPro II and Haiku

TMTUOHY

HAI There! (Sorry, couldn't resist),

Just bought HAIKU through the App Store. Overall, a very nice easy to use interface to my OmniPro II. I'm trying to configure streaming from my DLink DCL-942L camera from within Haiku and can't seem to get it to work. I'm sure it's not a router/remote access issue because I can access it from a browser via: http[colon]//myddns.com:[port] (this port has been opened on my router). I am then prompted to login with my creds and I can then see the live streaming via the browser.

So using PCAccess, I configured the IP camera in extended setup as such:

IP Camera Name: My Camera Name
Type: MJPEG
Address/URL: http[colon]/myddns:[myport]
number: one
FPS: twenty
Quality: high
Resolution: 640x480
Username: [my DLINK Camera username]
Password: [my DLINK Camera password]

I've also tried substituting different things in the above parameters as well, such as modifying the URL with various things but no luck. I just get a black screen when I access the camera via Haiku.

So my main questions here are: 1) Has anyone successfully configured one of the DLink DCS cameras (specifically the 942L) with Haiku? and 2) If so, can you share that configuration data?

Many Thanks,

- Tom

The address has to point to the MJPEG feed directly. You can usually get it by viewing source or via Google.

Thank You very much (and thanks for the quick response)!! That URL worked! It's great to have my video feeds integrated into the Haiku App. I was previously using the myDlink app for this. I have only one camera now but do you know how the URL would change if I were to add more cameras later? It appears that the URL you posted does not have camera-location specific info in it.

Thanks Again,

- Tom

I may have answered my own question above but I believe it's the port number that dictates which camera to stream from. Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.

I'm assuming this is a camera, not a DVR... so in that case the IP and thus the URL would be different for another camera.

Back