Connect SG-IP to Caddx NX8E

TCIII

Hi all,

I have connected the Caddx P0003 Serial Adaptor Ribbon Cable to the NX8E and am now ready to hook up to the SG-IP com port 3.

Since the SG-IP is housed right next to the NX8E, I plan to use the Stargate Data Cable and Adaptor described in JDS Technologies Application Note 6 which is the same cable and adaptor that comes with the Stargate kit that allows you to connect to your PC.

I am assuming that the Caddx P0003 Serial Adaptor DB9M pin out is the same as that on the PC serial port which will allow me to use the Stargate Data Cable and Adaptor to interface the Caddx P0003 Serial Adaptor to the Stargate com port.

Comments?

Regards,
TCIII

Hi BSR,

Thanks for the input!

Do you happen to know the definition of pins 2 and 3 on the Caddx connector?

On the Stargate DB9F Adaptor, pin 2 is XMIT, pin 3 is REC and pin 5 is GND.

I will be making the Stargate SG-IP DB9F Adaptor from a universal DB9F to RJ11 adaptor and do not have a pin removal tool so knowning the definition of pins 2 and 3 on the Caddx male connector is important.

Regards,
TCIII

Hi BSR,

You were dead on. On the Caddx serial cable DB9M cable, pin 2 is RCV and pin 3 is XMT.

I connected the Caddx NX8E serial cable to a DB9F to RJ11 adaptor and then through a four wire DATA cable to the Stargate SG-IP com 3 port.

I programmed the NX8E serial port per the JDS application note No. 4 then defined the Caddx alarm system in the WinEVM and the next thing I knew I was in business!

I can see all of the zone faults as they occur in the Mega Controller History window. Now I can finish the rest of my Stagate Schedule.

Regards,
TCIII

Back