Control hydronic in slab heating with RC2000?

charliebarns

I'm wondering if an rc2000 can be used to control my radiant floor (hydronic) heating in the zones of my basement?

Currently the system is hooked up to 3 tekmar d508 thermostats (24v ac).

http://tekmarcontrols.com/products/zoning/508.html

I'd like to replace these with rc2000s since I have 3 of them lying around. My current system has in Slab temp sensors for each zone.

This is the controller the thermostats feed to:

https://www.azelcontrols.com/store/product.php?productid=16142

Does anyone have experience running an rc2000 with a hydronic heat system?

Thx

CB

We use rc2000 with 11 zones of hydronic radiant heat, but the thermostats are monitoring the room temperature, not the slab's. The stats are configured as "heat only" and use specialized settings for heat anticipation(8) and EEC(3).

Thanks for the response. I was just reading the docs on heat anticipation. So is (8) the anticipation number you are using it are you using term (8 - fan control) to trigger the opening of the zone. I don't think I need to use the in slab temp sensor. In fact, reading about it does not seem to be the best way to judge room temp.

I'm assuming you have heat type set to conventional single stage heat?

CB

yes, it is set to conventional single stage heat. You'll need to experiment with both heat anticipator and EEC numbers to get optimal values for your house, but it most likely will be in the range of 8-9 and 2-3 respectively. we have no fan control enabled, the fans are ceiling fans and they are programmed separately via HAI rules.

I just had to adjust my heat anticipator value, so certainly 8 or 9 makes sense for slow warming systems, but I also noticed that by setting the value to 5 is "automatic."  Have you tried setting it to 5 and see if it will figure it out itself. I've been using the "5" setting with good luck.

Yes, single stage conventional.  I thought the EEC control only comes into play for 2+ stage systems.

Back