Converting X10 to IR

compuguru

I need something like the Smarthome X10 to IR Linc. This little device accepts X10 codes, and then transmits a pre-defined sequence of IR codes to control devices. But it is discontinued, and AO only has some parts for it. My only other requirement is that it does not require a computer for normal operation.

Any ideas?

Of course a Stargate or TimeCommander+ with a JDS IR Expander will do it. I believe I also have an old Homebase (rebranded TimeCommander+) with a modified IR remote control attached to it. You can probably do what you want with that.

The main thing I like about the X10 to IR Linc is that is capable of sending multiple IR commands when triggered by a sigle X10 command. Can any of the devices mentioned do this?

compuguru said:
The main thing I like about the X10 to IR Linc is that is capable of sending multiple IR commands when triggered by a sigle X10 command. Can any of the devices mentioned do this?
A TimeCommander would give you a full automtion controller that can do any number of things when triggered by an X-10 command... including sendin as many IR commands as you want.

I assume the same is true of an ocelot and the oceleot is also probably cheaper.

Homevision can do everything you are looking for. You don't need the HVPro - just the original HV. It's definitely overkill for this requirement however...

Ya, the big issue here is cost. All I need is something so when somone pushes a button the the Keypad linc, it will fire up the projector and receiver.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Ocelot would need the IR module too?

This is so annoying. The page for the X10 to IR linc is still up, but I can't find anyone with them in stock. If anyone can find where they are for sale, It would be greatly appreciated.

The Ocelot has a built-in single IR output. If you need more zones, then a SECU16IR expander can added to add another 16 zones.

I power 3 sets of stick on emitters and an IR blaster using my Ocelot. I do not have any IR expansion modules.

I know that there are mini emitters available where two heads are wired in series and it works with the Ocelot. So you could always try wiring two of them in series if you like.

Back