couple of general wiring questions

hockeypuck

1. Water flow sensor alarms- does anyone make a whole house unit that goes in right at the water line entrance to the house to pick up breaks while the owner is away on vacation? The only ones I have seen are for single loads like icemakers, washers ect.

2. CO2 sensors- are the wired into the fire alarm zone?

3. Temperature sensors- On the ge caddx panel, ( I no longer have the installation directions, I left it with customer) is there a specific zone type that you give to tempature senor?

Thanks in advance.

puck

1. Water flow sensor alarms- does anyone make a whole house unit that goes in right at the water line entrance to the house to pick up breaks while the owner is away on vacation? The only ones I have seen are for single loads like icemakers, washers ect.

3. Temperature sensors- On the ge caddx panel, ( I no longer have the installation directions, I left it with customer) is there a specific zone type that you give to tempature senor?

Thanks in advance.

puck

What "rule" would you use right at the water-line entrance? Any flow at all? I leave the house all the time when the washer or dishwasher are running, so I'm not sure how you'd detect "too much" water flow.

They do make pulse meters, so you can measure flow into your house if you wanted to DIY

Thanks in advance.

puck

1 Not sure

2 CO sensors can be wired to any zone. I would not wire them to the fire zone. Fire is fire, CO is CO. I'm assuming that you want carbon Monoxide (CO) not carbon dioxide (CO2).

3 Not sure

2 CO sensors can be wired to any zone. I would not wire them to the fire zone. Fire is fire, CO is CO. I'm assuming that you want carbon Monoxide (CO) not carbon dioxide (CO2).

Heh, ya...in another 10 years, those CO2 sensors are going to be going off all the time. ;)

Back