CQC vs Cinemar? What to do!?

Dean, thats what I thought as well. I unzipped it. Its all saved in a named file but when I click on it I get a screen of errors. I will let you know later what it actually says. Have to go run some more wires right now. THANKS!!!!

What file are you running? You need to click on the CQCSetup.cmd file, and it takes care of all.

IIRC, it needs to be on a named drive (ie, not \\NAS\downloads\CQC, but P:\downloads\CQC)

Dean, thats what I thought as well. I unzipped it. Its all saved in a named file but when I click on it I get a screen of errors. I will let you know later what it actually says. Have to go run some more wires right now. THANKS!!!!

The release notes file, in the main directory of the installer, contain instructions on how to run it. You always should read the release notes.

Reading release notes and documentation? I think Dean and David have a lot in common in asking men to do such things....

You can always come up with some excuse to get the female unit out of the house while you read them, so as not to damage your reputation, or sneak them to the bathroom or something like that.

The Cinemar Forum is back online (at least for many DNS servers). So, plenty of opportunity to read more documentation - wherever you are comfortable doing that ;)

thanks rupp. i joined the homeseer site yesterday asking questions as a newbie. but have not gotten a reply. hopefully i will because i still cant understand why i need homeseer. thanks.
Did you see Rick's reply to your HomeSeer question?

dean, oh i agree and am actually good at doing that. but, i also expected it to work the first time on "setup", lol. i will figure out what i am doing wrong. always have the instructions in the plan of "to do's"

thanks for the info.

Reading release notes and documentation? I think Dean and David have a lot in common in asking men to do such things....

Back