Determining if phone line is down

However, there will be some things that I want it to phone out even if there is someone home and the system is not armed or is armed "stay".

That's interesting. I never thought of having the ELK do something other then call during an alarm situation. What kinds of things do you have it call about? Who do you call?

Thanks!

However, there will be some things that I want it to phone out even if there is someone home and the system is not armed or is armed "stay".

That's interesting. I never thought of having the ELK do something other then call during an alarm situation. What kinds of things do you have it call about? Who do you call?

Thanks!

The main things I want to do (still getting everything set up) are telling me the status of power to my home. I've got a standby genset. I want to know things like if my utility power is out for more than fifteen seconds. If my genset powered up. If the ATS switched my home to the genset. When the utilty power comes back. If the genset shut down after the utility power was restored. If my genset fails to exercise on schedule. Even though my wife may be home for any of those events, I would like to have some way of knowing what is going on. It may be late at night, bad weather, etc., so the more I can be notified of the better off I am.

Ira

The main things I want to do (still getting everything set up) are telling me the status of power to my home. I've got a standby genset. I want to know things like if my utility power is out for more than fifteen seconds. If my genset powered up. If the ATS switched my home to the genset. When the utilty power comes back. If the genset shut down after the utility power was restored. If my genset fails to exercise on schedule. Even though my wife may be home for any of those events, I would like to have some way of knowing what is going on. It may be late at night, bad weather, etc., so the more I can be notified of the better off I am.

Ira

Ah! I see. I do the same sort of things but via e-mail - which of course goes out over the network not the phone.

Back