Differences between OmniPro 5.7 and 5.7e

pete_c

Guru
I am bringing this up because I found three OmniTouch 5.7e boxes here in the automation box which are spares and not wanting to play with the mounted on the wall Omnitouch 5.7/5.7e's right now.

Took them both out and apart.

Both shells indicate that they are 5.7e's and they have a MS CE licensing sticker on the back of the shell with the NIC port.

Taking them apart they look totally different on the inside.

The circuit boards in the front and back look like different boards.

HAI Omnitouch Board #1

Front has a sticker labeled 53A02-1 REV B.  Left to right there a tiny speaker, IR interface, reset button and USB port

Back has a sticker labeled 53A01-1 REV F and a ZIF cable that goes to LCD and NIC port.

HAI Omnitouch Board #2

Front has a sticker with a bar code and a long number on it but not starting with 53.  Left to right there is a tiny speaker, IR interface, reset button, second speaker or microphone(?) and USB port.

Back has a sticker labeled 53A18-1 USB port and NIC port.  Board seems much more populated that board #1 and has two USB ports on it (front and back).

Are these both 5.7E's and just different designs of the same LCD? 

This is the first time I have taken these apart to the circuit boards.  I do not remember what I saw with the Omnitouch 5.7 LCD screens (which are serial).

omnitouchA.jpg

Googling some some more Board #1 is the OmniTouch 5.7 in an Omni 5.7e shell.  Board #2 is the OmniTouch 5.7e although never seen part number 53A18-1.

pete_c said:
I am bringing this up because I found three OmniTouch 5.7e boxes here in the automation box which are spares and not wanting to play with the mounted on the wall Omnitouch 5.7/5.7e's right now.

Took them both out and apart.

Both shells indicate that they are 5.7e's and they have a MS CE licensing sticker on the back of the shell with the NIC port.

Taking them apart they look totally different on the inside.

The circuit boards in the front and back look like different boards.

HAI Omnitouch Board #1

Front has a sticker labeled 53A02-1 REV B.  Left to right there a tiny speaker, IR interface, reset button and USB port

Back has a sticker labeled 53A01-1 REV F and a ZIF cable that goes to LCD and NIC port.

HAI Omnitouch Board #2

Front has a sticker with a bar code and a long number on it but not starting with 53.  Left to right there is a tiny speaker, IR interface, reset button, second speaker or microphone(?) and USB port.

Back has a sticker labeled 53A18-1 USB port and NIC port.  Board seems much more populated that board #1 and has two USB ports on it (front and back).

Are these both 5.7E's and just different designs of the same LCD? 

This is the first time I have taken these apart to the circuit boards.  I do not remember what I saw with the Omnitouch 5.7 LCD screens (which are serial).

attachicon.gif
omnitouchA.jpg

Googling some some more Board #1 is the OmniTouch 5.7 in an Omni 5.7e shell.  Board #2 is the OmniTouch 5.7e although never seen part number 53A18-1.
I might be wrong, but didn't the 5.7E have power-over-ethernet where the 5.7 didn't? 

Yes the 5.7e is just a CE computer with a POE connection.  The 5.7 is a serially  / video connected computer.  You cannot really tell looking at the backs of them and more confusing was that the two models were in 5.7e shells.

I tested one using a POE injector and the other with the HAI Omnitouch Video hub which has RJ45's on it.

Back