Do you like the site layout?

Do you like the current site layout so far?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
that function should work, I use it all the time. You will only get that error if there are no new posts, so maybe your cookie was corrupted or something. Try deleting it and logging in again.

Hi Dan,

I was trying to add a topic in the free software section in order to put a software link there. It wouldn't let me. Is it pilot error?

Are you talking about the downloads subforum, or the free software thread I started? The downloads section is staff only so no one can post malicious software, but you should be able to respond to the freeware thread I started.

ah ok, the download forum is moderated and for files hosted on the server, but you are more than welcome to post it in the software thread I pinned, so it will always be visible (or you can start a new thread about it), I'll probably end up setting something up for off-site downloads tho, since there probably will be more interesting links in the future.

Dan - You should have a link to your IRC chat on the site. I forget what it is and I'm sure others don't really know about it. It's fri night and the beers are flowing. What better time for a group chat!

BTW....I'll find the link on the HS forum.

I am working on integrating it with this layout, but I have been so busy, will try to get it done this weekend, till then, BSRs link will do since it will point to the same room.

Great site!!!
Couple of suggestions.
1. How about a link off the main page to the "How to" section?
I always have to hunt and peck to find it.

2. More "How to"s!!!!! Those are great!!!!!!!
I am using Homeseer and I am on their board all the time.
Most of the time the HS board is very high level. I am NOT a programmer and hence do not get the full functionality out of HS.
The "How To" section on this board is AWESOME!!!!! Please continue (as you have) to keep the "How to" section very simple for us beginners.
I posted a question about Doomotion CACs and it was answered the same day!

Between the HS board and Cocoon, I really think I can make the most out of HS.

Thanks!!!!
Ty

Welcome Tymon;

Glad you like the How-to section. Believe me they were a lot of work creating them so I'm glad they are being used.

If you have any modifications or editing suggestions while you are using them please let us know.

What other How-to's would you like to see? :lol:

BSR

Wow. You just openend up a can of worms!!

There are so many how to's I would love to see.

Let me think about it and try come up with a couple that would benefit the most people on the board.

And, just an FYI, I have used almost all of the how to's so far.

Page parsing is next. Looks kind of complicated but I really want a TV guide for my touch screen and parsing could be the answer.

Thanks so much for your help. It really is making a dramatic difference in my home automation.

Ty

Just a quick suggestion from one of those new-bloods, I run my res @ 1152x864 and the center column that holds all the "stuff" could be wider.

I don't know if it's set to use a % of the screen, or if it's set to be a specific width, but there's a lot of unused space on either side that causes what would otherwise be one line of text to be 2 or 3.

It's not a huge deal, quite small actually but I figured I'd toss it into the bucket and see if it floats.

Yes, I run 1400 x 1050 on my laptop that I usually use to check this. I'm not sure if there's a setting somewhere that I need to do.

Thanks,

Back