DSC 832

arctec37

I have purchased a small house with a DSC power 832 panel with two LED 8 zone keypads, 1 motion sensor and about 12 window and door sensors all hardwired including the motion sensor. When I turn on the system with a new battery installed (was hoping a new battery would work) the trouble light is on and the keypads beep about every 2-3 seconds. Not the twice every 10 seconds that I have read about. I have tried the *2 key entry to view the trouble but nothing happens. Can anyone shed some light on what my problem could be.

Thanks

Just quick off the top of my head you could check that it's not a communication problem, is the phone line in and active, if not is the panel set to not monitor it?

Just quick off the top of my head you could check that it's not a communication problem, is the phone line in and active, if not is the panel set to not monitor it?

Thanks

The land line the alarm was hooked up to has been deactivated. It is a seasonal house so we are using our cell phones.

Could the lack of service on a land line cause this problem?

Is there any way to undo the monitoring without the installer code?
I am guessing I can always default the system and start over with all programing.

let me know if you need a manual for this panel. (can email you a pdf)
who was the installing company?

the Default installer code is 5010
Upon powerup, you will need to set the system clock *6_ _ _ _ 1 (master code) followed by military time and mmddyy

If you do not know the master code, there is a place in programmoing that it can be found... (you will need to be able to read Binary if keypad is led not LCD)

if your getting a beep every 2-3 sec and not the usual 10 sec trouble beep.......it sound like a keybus fault. power down system ac first then batt for a ,imute and then re apply both ac first then batt. *6 installer to reset clock. all should be good,

TLM or comm fault beeps every 10!!!! not 2-3

Back