dual counter

posi211

I can't get this to work.
I can see it in the one wire viewer, wserver and weather display but I can't get the number to increase. I'm sending 5- volts DC to A and B. Any help?

I can't get this to work.
I can see it in the one wire viewer, wserver and weather display but I can't get the number to increase. I'm sending 5- volts DC to A and B. Any help?

Interesting... Eric has been helping me via email with the same issue. No joy for me so-far, but here's what I've done:

1) Verified that I can see the counter using the OneWireViewer
2) Verified that I can read the temperature off the DS1822s
3) Verified that the battery has a current voltage
4) Verified that there are 5v between the 5v and A/B screws.
5) I've tried the following connections:
-- standard security door reed switch
-- simple short connecting a wire to the 5v terminal and briefly contacting the A and B terminals

I'm plumb out of ideas.

Here is a quick a post on how to test the Dual Counter.

You need the following connections to the Dual Counter:
- The 1-Wire data line to DQ
- The 1-Wire ground to GND
- A piece of wire connected to +5v (no external +5v is needed)

Start up the OneWireViewer and get to the Memory tab of the DS2423. Make a note of the number highlighted in the picture below (green for input A, yellow for input B ). Now touch the wire connected to the +5v terminal to either the A or B input a few times, when you are done with that click the refresh button at the bottom of the page. After it has refreshed the numbers highlighted should have changed. If it didn't change then you may have a bad Dual Counter.

Eric

Attachments

• Counter.png
    Counter.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 76

Start up the OneWireViewer and get to the Memory tab of the DS2423. Make a note of the number highlighted in the picture below (green for input A, yellow for input B ). Now touch the wire connected to the +5v terminal to either the A or B input a few times, when you are done with that click the refresh button at the bottom of the page. After it has refreshed the numbers highlighted should have changed. If it didn't change then you may have a bad Dual Counter.

Eric

Eric --

"A picture is worth a thousand words." I was reading bits from right to left, and not from left to right. I verified that both the A and B counters increment. Thanks!!

Michael

In the one wire viewer. I open the device DS2423 select memory and then memory with externallly triggered counter.
On the bottom of the screen it starts to read, then error message
com.dalsemi.onewire.adapter.OneWireIOException: Invalid CRC16 read from device.
I get no HEX Contects

Does then mean that the unit is broken?

Eric

hello everybody,
I have a problem with DS1990A-f5.
I need to get an identical of DS1990A-F5.
how can I do it ?

Regards

We don't sell that part but if you are trying to get one with the exact same serial number you are going to be out of luck, each 1-Wire device has a unique serial number.

Eric

Back