ebay in ceiling speakers

Also factor in the $100 for shipping.

I'm not familiar with those speakers.

Also, keep in mind that if speakers are dropped (not saying that this happened), the magnets get messed up and they work perform to spec.

If you use the right ones in a wall they will sound fairly good. I have some in my kitchen (BIC/AudioSource type). I paid like $80 for the pair. I know AO sells some pretty nice ones now. You will get what you pay for when it comes it quality sound.

John

Do you need 12? I got 4 from AutomatedOutlet and they sound pretty good for what they are.

Martin just said he wasn't familiar with these, so how did you buy them from AO?

I tried to Google "Acoustic Audio" & AS6S and didn't get a single hit on a site that I considered recognizable and reputable. I have never heard of any quality in-wall or in-ceiling music speakers using 4" drivers.

I think there is some misinformation on that site. I think these are AudioSource speakers, judging by the quick research I have done. This guy is selling them everywhere, even on Korean sites. I would definitely stick with a dealer/vendor you are familiar with. While the seller might have a good reputation, you really do get what you pay for when it comes to speakers.

I've watched some auctions from these guys for a while now. The feed back seems good from everyone. They have many different packages like this. I thought it would be nice to pick up a bunch of cheap speakers to have something through out the house now and then spend the next couple of years slowly replace them with nice units you pick up hear and there at good prices.

I think there is some misinformation on that site. I think these are AudioSource speakers, judging by the quick research I have done.

The AS6S is an AudioSource model number. BUT, the AudioSource AS6S is a 2 way in-wall speaker with a 5.25" woofer. The true AudioSource speaker also has much more realistic specs, such as 70Hz-22kHz. I doubt those eBay specs of down to 46 Hz from that little thing in no enclosure.

I see lots of red flags on the eBay listing. "We are an authorized Acoustic Audio Internet dealer." where can I verify that? where is "Acoustic Audio"'s home page?

http://www.rodinaudio.com/audioSource/pdf/speakers.pdf

Yeah, I'm sure the crossovers and motors are of the highest caliber. I may buy the set, place a piece of OSB over the stacked boxes and call it a workbench.

Back