Edk M1 question about display screen

AnotherOne

1. Can you replace the "Ready to Arm" text with something else?

2. Actually, what I'd like to do is use the function keys to indicate state - like f1 lit means "ready to arm", f2 means armed, etc. And have the top line of the display just cycle though all the zones that are "violated". For example, if a window is open, it would just show the name of that zone on the first line, if 2 windows where opened it would show the name of the first one for a second, then the name of the second one, then a blank line, then the name of the first one, etc.

3. Alternatively (or in additon to 2), can I have a function key display the "violated" zones?

Currently, the area and zone name may be customized, but other status messages are fixed and not customizable.

Good idea though!! :)

How about number 3?

Is there a way to program a function key to display all the open zones? One of the things that's great to do is use the security keypad to see what windows are open when it's about to rain and go around and close them. If there are no windows upstairs open, no need to go up there. Just cycle a list of open zones on the second line of the keypad.

Thanks.

PS - my Elk M1 is on the way, so expect even more lame questions.

Maybe I'm missing what your asking, but doesn't the up-arrow key do what your asking a f-key to do? On my system, if there are any zones violated pressing the UA key displays them for each press.

I'd like it to just cycle though them without me having to keep pressing a key. Guess it's habit from my old system - it always shows the date and time on one line and then cycles though the open zones on the other. If there are no open zones, the line is blank. So when I go out, I glance at what's open and then either arm the system or go close a window / door.

AnotherOne said:
I'd like it to just cycle though them without me having to keep pressing a key. Guess it's habit from my old system - it always shows the date and time on one line and then cycles though the open zones on the other. If there are no open zones, the line is blank. So when I go out, I glance at what's open and then either arm the system or go close a window / door.
I know what you mean. I have a Caddx NX8e system, but put in an M1 Gold for my friend.

I have two types of keypads for my Caddx. One is an older model with 24 numbers (that represent zones) that will light up based on if they are open or not. Very handy and you can see in half a second which zone(s) are open/violated.

This sounds like one of those "which way is best" deals. If the zones scrolled, some people may not like the scroll speed, and simply pressing the arrow a few times would be more convenient. Or what if you got distracted and missed one, you then wait for it to come around again instead of pressing a few buttons. I do understand what you are asking though.

A few alternatives... (listed in order of easiest/free to hardest/$$$)

1. I will assume you will have speakers in earshot of the keypads, or you should be able to do this with the KP2's and built in speaker... Write a task or simply a set of rules that upon a F keypress, check each zone and if it is not ready then announce that zone. If you have alot of openings, it could be alot of rules, but it would do what you are asking via voice instead of display.

2. Get an Elk touch screen TS-07 with ElkRM software. It has a status screen where it will show zones at a glance. You may have to page once or twice to see them all.

3. Get either the TS07 ot other touch screen and some complementary software and write your own interface. I have a 15" touchscreen that runs CQC and I have a flashing indicator when the system is not ready and I hit 1 button and I can see the status of all my zones - ready, bypass, violated, trouble.

Back