EHExpo (aka EHX) - group dinner?

Friday dinner sounds like a good plan.

I arrive late Tuesday and have classes most of the day Wednesday, so I'll look for fellow CCers when I get to the show floor.

It looks like EHX attendees may get to see a Shuttle Launch AND a rocket Launch. Both should be viewable from metro Orlando, but the Cape is less than an hour away from EHX to get a fairly up close experience.

March 11/12 Shuttle Discovery • ISS 15A
Launch time: 0120 GMT (9:20 p.m. EDT on March 11) Wednesday before the Expo opens
Launch site: LC-39A, Kennedy Space Center, Florida

March 14/15 Atlas 5 • WGS 2
Launch window: 0125-0203 GMT (9:25-10:03 p.m. EDT on March 14) Saturday after the show closes
Launch site: SLC-41, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Florida

http://spaceflightnow.com/tracking/

I propose meeting Friday at 6 PM at the main entry side of booth 802 (Colorado vNet), which should be a big booth right inside the main doors. Then we can go to dinner. I assume rides will be available for anybody without transportation. Any choices for restaurant?

We can also set up meeting points during the day on Thursday or Friday if anybody wants to pick a time and place. The show will be smaller this year, so it shouldn't be hard to find people that you know/recognize. Putting a face to a screen name requires a dedicated meeting place. :throwup:

Sounds good for me Wayne. A couple of years ago we all ate at an all you can eat fish place. Don't recall the name but remember it was in kind of a mini strip mall.

I'll offer my vehicle for anyone needing a ride.

Pete

Shuttle launch was earlier rescheduled for tomorrow THU 12MAR,09 but that has changed:

KENNEDY SPACE CENTER, Florida (CNN) -- NASA orbiter Discovery's launch won't take place until Sunday at the earliest, mission managers said Wednesday after postponing a launch that had been scheduled for Wednesday night.
Space shuttle Discovery readies for launch, which was scheduled for Wednesday night.
A leak in the venting system outside the giant external fuel tank forced the delay, NASA said. The system is used to carry excess hydrogen safely away from the launchpad.
Liftoff on Sunday would be at 7:43 p.m., NASA said, adding that "the exact launch date is dependent on the work necessary to repair the problem."

Doesn't look too promising.

Been a crazy day - having FIOS installed here (LBK) tomorrow morning. Anyone using it yet? I had them run the fiber to where the electric, phone, etc runs into the house this afternoon. The installer said something needing power and wanted to go to the other side of the house. Not really too familiar with what they are doing? Any suggestions for a "newbee" FIOS person?

Upon my arrival here this morning wife called me that the new (6 months old) sump pump failed and the emergency water pump wasn't keeping up. I always thought Flotec pumps were well built. Its all fixed now but worried now why the backup sump pump couldn't keep up.

Hello All,

Sorry I missed seeing everyone this year. Trying to accomplish a few things in a few days I decided to have Verizon FIOS installed. This was to replace DirectTV and the coppper telephone / DSL line. What a joke. Its running now but the provisioning center really doesn't have much of a clue. (IE this was for Longboat Key - between Sarasota and Bradenton). This little debacle took up most of my time during my short visit. BTW noticed a combo CES EHExpo this year for Las Vegas. Until next year....Pete

Back