EHX Nov 2007 Show

Steve

Thought I'd start a topic to give updates from Ehx. Probably on update once or twice a day. So, EHX expo floor opens in a little over 3 hours. The show does seem scaled back so far. I hear there were many cancellations and/or no shows. In fact, there was a bit of booth shuffling done. The AO booth is not exactly where it was on the map. Think it is 651 now. If you find the Elk booth, walk straight toward the back and we're on the corner behind a large multipanel sign on the right side of aisle 600. Across from Web Mountain and a plasma panel lift place... Things seem very spaced out we're guessing to hide the fact there are alot less vendors. Our suspicion is the CA show is dying. We'll see what #'s the show people post later. Even the big guys are scaling back and booth sharing. Exceptional Innovation still has a large booth at the entrance, but even it is smaller than last year or Orlando. Have not had a chance to walk the floor initially yet as we are still setting up due to some shipping/technical problems.

We'll see what happens in a few hours when the floodgates open. Any special request - post them here. More later...

Looking forward to hearing cool new product announcements from all the major vendors! Stuff like new UPB Gen II screw-in modules and new form factor switches that are less than 1/4 inch deep to make them easy to wire in even the tightest box. And faster Z-Wave chips that let Z-Wave controllers rival hard wire systems by being able to complete full command/response cycles with more than 50 switches per second. And maybe a new tabletop touch screen from Elk with a new version of RM that supports more music options like NuVo, Slimserver, and Sonos. And maybe Jeff Volp will announce a new Rozetta/XTB Mark 5 Super Amplifier that not only converts any PLC protocol to any other one but also amplifies them to the point that you can control any module located anywhere on the US power grid without a repeater.

I have very high expectations for EHX this year!

Oh great, my first year at EHX and they're scaling back! Hope I can make it back out for CES this year.

BTW - anyone know how to set the clock back on my 7 month old? :lol: I've been up for 5.5 hours already. He still thinks he's in EST!

I second the request for lots of Z-Wave information. Take plenty of pictures of the AO booth also. CQC is there for the first time ever and I'd like to see some Pictures and Videos. CQC will be doing a training session. If anyone has a Video camera and can record some or all of that I would appreciate it.

I second the request for lots of Z-Wave information. Take plenty of pictures of the AO booth also. CQC is there for the first time ever and I'd like to see some Pictures and Videos. CQC will be doing a training session. If anyone has a Video camera and can record some or all of that I would appreciate it.

The new cooper switches picked amber for the OFF/Standby LED color (good choice!) But I can't tell from the picture what color the lightbar LEDs are on the dimmers... blue? green? Anybody seen one powered up?

The doors have been open for hours now and no press releases? No new product announcements? What gives? (I'm talking about official communications, not cocooners since they are still out on the floor looking around.)

Well done! Like your webpage. On the picture of the ELK products, what is the thermostat? Is that an ELK thermostat? Are more details available?

Thanks! Not sure on the thermostat.... I'll try and remember to stop by tomorrow and check.

Mike. Thanks for the report. Looks great so far. i agree that the thermostat looks just like an RCS tr-40.

Speaking of thermostats. looking for a z-wave handheld remote that supports the full thermostat command class. so far, the zth100 is the only one i can find. if you run into any that can handle this i'd love to hear about it. leviton's does some basic commands but doesn't have full thermostat control. also, HAI is supposedly coming out with a z-wave thermostat soon. if you can get any info (specs, pricing, etc.) about theirs that would be great.

lifeware has a great product for in home control. as a compliment to media center and with the new extenders coming out they are well positioned in the HA market.

any cooper wiring aspire rf info would be nice too. have the specs but would like to know how they feel and function when powered up.

Well done! Like your webpage. On the picture of the ELK products, what is the thermostat? Is that an ELK thermostat? Are more details available?

Looks like an RCS TR-40.

Oy. What's worse, having Martin making you drink Tequila, or having Steve make you & Martin split the worm.

Yes, i'm kidding. I was flat-out exhausted from the drive, did a little CQC show for BingL and one other guy, didn't have the energy to even walk around. I'll check into stuff tomorrow as Dean will be here ~1pm and i'll have time to walk around.

I was hoping to see you at the AO booth IVB, you helped me a great deal with CQC. Even though I've put my CQC project on-hold, I'd still love to check the demo and maybe training you'll have going on.

I'll definitely stop by again today!

Back