eKeypad Plus - Version 1.4

Jayson,

I see from your webpage that eKPro has an impending release. Has this already gone through the testing period? Since this is really the version I've been waiting for since we ate at Qdoba a couple months ago (if you remember that), perhaps you'd like to use my system as a testbed as well. I got the iPhone for XMas, and my Elk system involves the use of a couple different kinds of cameras. As long as setup is similar to that of ElkRM's setup, all should work, no?

Adam

Hey Jayson,

Haven't talked to you in a while (I haven't been on CT much lately)... I must say - it was a decent app out of the gate and going from early adopter to using basically all the versions - I'm very impressed with the improvements. I know we had a conversation about the different arming modes, etc - I'm glad to see I can still get to any mode quite easily...

Literally the only thing I can possibly comment on as having room for improvement is on the perception that the app isn't doing anything when tapping on Favorites... it takes several seconds from when you touch it 'till it actually brings up the favorites and gives no feedback to let you know it registered your tap until it's ready to load... some approach to that would close the last loop.

Performance is great - I now also use it through a VPN once in a while and I'm quite happy with it. Great job! So many improvements from the first round... My wife uses the app regularly without any help or training or complaints.

One question... with the new 3.0 iPhone software due out soon - and the new in-app purchase, is there any chance of you providing an upgrade path within EK+ to EKPro so current users don't have to re-purchase the full app? I certainly don't need the new app - but if it's a cheaper upgrade, I'd probably do it just for grins.

That's it for now - I have one other thing I'd like to chat about but I'll save that for the next time I see you in the chat...

Todd,

I am glad it is working so well for you and your wife. I should add a quote about your wife's experiences to the web site.

I agree with the favorites loading time. I thought some of the recent updates would improve it, but clearly there is still room for improvement.

I am looking at the in-app purchases, but the final design is still being developed by Apple. The initial design for this functionality required you to host a server and track users that had bought the upgrades. If the user re-installed the app, you were supposed to go check on your server for the updates. A lot of developers have complained about this. Especially since the app store already has the functionality/knowledge to know if something has been bought already. (i.e. if you "Buy" an application you bought previously, the App store will recognize this and just let you download it again for free).

--
Jayson

Hi Jayson,

I concur with Todd's comments your application is really solid now and very useful.

How far is the Russound integration.....probably the main reason I bought the application so interested in where you are at with it.

Also can you give us some insite into Ek ENT....sound interesting!!!!

Regards,

Fleetz

The whole house audio support in eKeypad Plus/Pro will initially be available as support for the whole house audio support ELK is adding into the XEP.

Right now ELK has some code in their touch screen that allows it to interact with whole house audio directly, but they are in the process of moving this into the XEP. Once it is in the XEP eKeypad will be able to leverage it. I do not expect it to be much longer. I know they are making good progress and I already have internal frameworks to support audio ready to go.

eK Enterprise is an application coming in late summer. Where the current eKeypad applications are standalone iPhone applications, eK Enterprise works in conjunction with a central server to provide capabilities like remote user authentication and centralized configuration management. The simple explanation is that eK Enterprise does not get configured like the current eKeypad applications. Configurations are entered into the server. The server authenticates an eK Ent install on a mobile device and then pushes a configuration to it. This way changes for all devices can be done at one location and pushed to the clients.

eK Ent is designed for large numbers of eKeypad installations to be managed remotely without physical access to the mobile device. It's goal is to help installers that sell eKeypad more easily manage those installations.

The whole house audio support in eKeypad Plus/Pro will initially be available as support for the whole house audio support ELK is adding into the XEP.

Right now ELK has some code in their touch screen that allows it to interact with whole house audio directly, but they are in the process of moving this into the XEP. Once it is in the XEP eKeypad will be able to leverage it. I do not expect it to be much longer. I know they are making good progress and I already have internal frameworks to support audio ready to go.

Hi Jason, thanks for the information. I knew Elk was working on improved Russound integration and moving it to the XEP could open up some cool possibilities. Does this mean the M1 will know when someone turns on an audio zone or will we have the ability to turn on whole house audio based on an M1 event or rule?

Thx.

Hi Jason, thanks for the information. I knew Elk was working on improved Russound integration and moving it to the XEP could open up some cool possibilities. Does this mean the M1 will know when someone turns on an audio zone or will we have the ability to turn on whole house audio based on an M1 event or rule?

Thx.

The M1 will have basic control operations of the audio system.

BryanE,

I have not seen the final release, only betas but I am looking forward to it as much as anyone.

If I receive enough requests, I can investigate expanding the basic operations ELK provides with a direct integration.

Once the final release is available, we will be able to determine more.

--
Jayson

BryanE,

I have not seen the final release, only betas but I am looking forward to it as much as anyone.

If I receive enough requests, I can investigate expanding the basic operations ELK provides with a direct integration.

Once the final release is available, we will be able to determine more.

--
Jayson

I assume I will need the Elk IP232 adapter to control my Russound gear via EKeypad, yes?

On the CAM6.6 and CAV6.6 from Russound they do not have an ethernet port so you need the Elk IP232 to put the Russound on the Ethernet.

fleetz said:
Hi Jayson,

I concur with Todd's comments your application is really solid now and very useful.

How far is the Russound integration.....probably the main reason I bought the application so interested in where you are at with it.

Also can you give us some insite into Ek ENT....sound interesting!!!!

Regards,

Fleetz
Hi Jason,

I finished up giving up waiting for the Russound interface on eKeypad, had to go for another way of integrating the Russound system with the M1 system. That be be honest it was very disappointing as you may recall I was very patient....a number of "when is it going to be ready" posts on the forum and I recall via email to you. (no longer have your email)

Sold that house and now doing another so thought I would revisit the eKeypad app as I planned on putting in another Russound system. Just update the eKeypad to the latest version 2.16.10b12353 (6.0.0) and to my surprise it still does not support the Russound system. I originally paid for the app on the basis that the Russound was to be included......it was always "coming soon".

What is the go?

Regards,

Fleetz

Back