eKeypad Question

wmahvd

Hello,

I'm trying to determine which version of eKeypad to purchase. I've had an M1G in operation for a year but am just now working on bringing up the M1XEP and also adding a DVR and cameras. My question is whether to spring for the extra $50 for eKpro, or just get eKM1 for $50. I don't need the multiple system support (only have one) but the integrated IP camera and DVR viewing may be worth it. Can anyone comment on how well this aspect of eKpro works? I have a Pelco hybrid DVR and will have a mix of analog and higher resolution IP cameras. I understand that there's a list of approved cameras that I could reference, but not sure about the Pelco DVR support. The alternative would be to get the lower cost eKM1 and use some other (free?) app for camera/DVR access. But the positive reviews of eKpro and the desire for a single app that does it all is tempting. Is the eKpro camera/DVR support worth the extra $50? Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't use the DVR, but from an eK standpoint, the cost of eKeypad M1 is $50 IIRC; the upgrades are $45 for IP video, $19 for multiple systems; $45 for ISY, $5 for energy... or you can buy eKeypad pro which is $99 and includes all those. In all systems, the blueprint module is $50 more.

So - depends on which features you need. I like to keep things simple, so for me I'd just pay the $99 for pro today... but you can also start small and expand as you go and end up pretty close (unless you're an ISY user or multiple panels, in which case you'd really want to just buy pro).

Thanks for the reply. I'm tempted to just pay the $99 as you suggest, but was searching for opinions on whether the extra $50 is worth it. In other words, how well does the camera and DVR viewing in eKPro work (equipment supported, features, etc) as opposed to other viewing options that I might use that may cost less (or even nothing). I'm asking generally - not so much as to whether my specific equipment is supported (hopefully I can get that question answered by the developer....).

Thanks Again.

Back