Elk Alarm Glitch

cheezit73

Twice now I have had the following happen.

Arm with Exit key on keypad, open exit zone door and holding it open while waiting for people to exit. Over 30 seconds left on countdown, no one is in view of/tripping a motion and suddenly alarm triggers including outside siren immediately (it is set to a 30 second delay in globals.) Enter code to cancel and siren stops but keypad doesn't display alarm as tripped or needing to be cancelled. Logs in RP only show the arm and disarm but no alarm or cancel and central station doesn't get an alarm signal. I am not positive if the interior siren triggered or if it was just the exterior.

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this behavior?

Thanks!!

Have you been changing rules recently? The only way that I can think of to sound a siren while the countdown is active is MAYBE through a rule that tells the sirens to sound based on time or some other trigger.

Mike.

Ok Solved half of my problem. I had that exit door set as Exit 2 which is a 30 second delay..I forgot as the keypad always shows the 1 min countdown from Exit 1. So that explains it Alarming before I expected.

Now the other problem is that although I have Output 2 set in the globals to have a 30 second delay it is sounding immediately with output 1. I have tested it to be working properly before so don't know what could have changed. I have not changed any rules.  I tried changing the time and sending to the panel then changing it back to no effect.

Any ideas on that??

Might you have the Exit1 Time Restart option enabled.  Read the bottom of page 26 in the M1 Manual about Exit Error.      

thill said:
Might you have the Exit1 Time Restart option enabled.  Read the bottom of page 26 in the M1 Manual about Exit Error.      
thill thanks, This explains a lot as the initial problem and the way I was testing it was by holding the exit zone open which I now know is calling the exit error.  So Is it just the nature of the exit error that it doesn't honor the delay for the output 2 global or is there something else I am missing settings wise for this?

Thanks very much for increasing my understanding of the system!

I don't believe that the exit error would honor the bell inhibit...the purpose of the exit error is to draw the user's attention to a false alarm, which would also inhibit CS reporting and possible log messages. Not ideal, but part of CP-01

Del Thanks, As long as thats expected behavior then I am happy, and I can understand the logic behind it. Thanks again to all who replied.

Back