ELK and Extra Power Supply

This :

http://www.systemsensor.com/pdf/I56-2185.pdf

Typically if the detectors are daisy-chained you would only need one. Since you have each detector reporting individually you will need one per detector.

This :

http://www.systemsensor.com/pdf/I56-2185.pdf

Typically if the detectors are daisy-chained you would only need one. Since you have each detector reporting individually you will need one per detector.

Depending on how you run the wire you only need one and you can still have each detector trip its own zone. Power and zone wires are independently supervised. If you run (in daisy chain) the power and pull individual runs for the zone on each detector you will be able to supervise the power with one relay and each zone with the resistor.

You can break up the power runs into multiple daisy chains and supervise each with a relay.

The point being there are ways to do it with less than one relay per detector/zone.

View attachment 3684I think you are on the right track. I was confused by your drawing but it still may be correct. I have attached a drawing to show you what I am saying. Just remeber that you may have to play around with the relay as far as NO and NC goes.

Hope this helps

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hi, I'm a new member here learning and trying to understand the many ideas as I prepare for my own M1G installation.

This is in reference to the diagram posted by ahellard on 12/23/10.
In lieu of the separate relay and aux power supply, would it be possible to use the ELK-P212S (Supervised Remote Power Supply) in M1 mode as follows:

RRS-MOD Red <---> P212S 12V+ (pos)
RRS-MOD Black <---> P212S 12V- (neg)
RRS-MOD Orange <---> P212S 12V- (neg)
RRS-MOD Yellow <---> P212S Output B NC
P212S 12V+ <---> P212S Output B COM

Then write a rule to the effect of:
Whenever smoke reset
Then turn output xxx (the Output B on the P212S) ON for a few seconds.
This ought to energize the Output B relay, momentarily cutting power to the smokes to unlatch and reset them.

However, if an alarm condition exists and the smokes are annunciating (Output 3 from the M1G ON) that means the RRS-MOD is taking [reversed] power to the smokes via the Red+/Black- pair rather than the Yellow+/Orange- pair (see the RRS-MOD schematic). That means momentarily cutting power just to Yellow+ while in alarm condition will have no effect on resetting the smokes.
Thus, would it be appropriate to wire RRS-MOD Red <---> P212S Output B NC as well, rather than to an always-on 12V+?

Finally, is it necessary to run a separate negative from the P212S back to the MG1? Or will the Black (neg) on the RS485 data bus take care of that?

Thanks!

Back