• You've been granted Beta access to this site, allowing you to explore some of the new features while they're still under construction. More information can be found in the Beta forum.

Elk detect Keypadlinc button press?

PlanoMike

Just got my Elk running with my Insteon system. Sweet!

Does anyone know of a way to get the Elk to detect a button press on a Keypadlinc?

TIA,

Mike

Madcodger

I've been trying this with my KPLs and Homeseer. I can't get the PLC to detect an Insteon button press no matter what I try in Insteon mode, but I can get something like 80 - 90% reliability in X10 mode.

Sorry that's not more help, but this technology has a way to go. I'm very sorry to say that, given that I've got a house full of it. Not the best purchase I'ver ever made...

mcascio

Cinemar's MainLobby Insteon driver allows users to define a command for each button on the KeypadLinc. You can actually send a different command based on bright, dim, on, off. So up to four commands per button.

Works great.

I personally use it to turn on an irrigation system to water a fountain in the front yard as well as turn on and adjust volume to front landscape speakers attached to a Russound Cav6.6.

You could also send commands to/from Elk using our Elk plugin such as Arm/Disarm.