Elk email issues

deca

I have my M1 system set up with a rule that sends email whenever the system is armed or disarmed by my wife. This works great about 80% of the time but once in awhile it simply doesn't work. Does anyone have any recommendations on something I can try to improve the reliability. Note, I have the most recent firmware installed. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have my M1 system set up with a rule that sends email whenever the system is armed or disarmed by my wife. This works great about 80% of the time but once in awhile it simply doesn't work. Does anyone have any recommendations on something I can try to improve the reliability. Note, I have the most recent firmware installed. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Just a further note, in a lot of cases when it doesn't work, it usually only misses one way... if it doesn't notify me that the alarm has been armed, it will normally work when it's disarmed. It's just strange that it works most of the time but not always???

I had a lot of problems getting email to work reliably on the Elk.

What I found was that using the DNS name for the mail server rarely worked, so I found the ip address of the mail server and now it always works.

You could give that a try.

What I found was that using the DNS name for the mail server rarely worked, so I found the ip address of the mail server and now it always works.

Thanks Johnnynine, I"ll take a look at that. Hopefully it's just a simple fix like that. Cheers.

Especially if your provider is Comcast. I had similar issues.

Back