Elk, ISY99 & Insteon - Incosistency

deca

Hello,

I use my M1G to control my lighting via the ethernet expansion module and an ISY99 controller.  I have rules that trigger when motion sensors or door contacts are violated.  For instance, if family room door opens and it's dark outside, turn rear pot lights on.  I also start a timer on an free output and then when the timer expires, I shut the light off.  For the most part, this setup works great but occasionally it doesn't work.  It seems far less reliable in the late hours of the night (1-5am).  I'm not sure why this is.  The only difference really is that our system is armed in stay mode.  Does anyone have an idea how I can get these lighting events to be more consistent?

I do the same thing and it works reliably.
I use the Elk to control scenes not devices directly.
Have you updated the Elk firmware and are you using the ISY add on module?

@elvisimprsntr - I haven't updated the Elk firmware in about a year so I'll check that out to ensure I'm current there.  What is the ISY add on module?  I'm using the ISY99 Pro controller I believe.  I believe that there is an Elk module for the ISY if that's what you referring to and no, I'm not using that.  I use the Elk to control everything through rules that I've programmed via ElkRP.

Back